Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olsson - no sending off

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Agree with this. The head to head was a booking each at worst but he should have been sent off for the kick out at Murray. As others have said he could already have been booked for the dissent/not giving the ball back to Stockdale and then fouled Skalak after the incident with Murray and could have been sent off too. Very lucky but, as others have said, in the end it was fine to keep him on the pitch.
Skalak dived for that one. Didn't think so at the time. Skalak should have been booked.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The point for me which should have been a 2nd yellow was when he carried the ball back to the halfway line after giving away a goal kick is that not as bad had he kicked the ball away. Overall I thought the ref was very good and allowed the teams to play and tackle which is unusual nowadays. Most would have penalised Murray for a foul for the old fashioned shoulder charge for our 1st goal.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Good player marked knockhaert well in the first half and committed no malicious fouls. If players get sent off for being passionate then thats the end of football as we know it. Ref got it right

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
P*ssed myself when he was throwing his dummy out of the pram in front of the NS, and all as one the NS stand went "ooooooooooooh" that moment was a gem.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The ref had a good game by letting the match flow and ignoring incidents that other refs would blow up for (Murrays first goal). Would welcome him back again.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The ref had a good game by letting the match flow and ignoring incidents that other refs would blow up for (Murrays first goal). Would welcome him back again.

Ref was noticeably reticent in getting his card(s) out, opting instead for lengthy talking's to (or possibly talking to's... tricky one, that). A different ref would have produced a FLURRY of cards of both colour. Easy to be magnanimous when then the game's gone 5-0 in your favour, but, yeah, ref boy done good IMHO. And the linemen were all but unnoticeable. So you'd have to conclude that the match officials collectively had a good game. Which seems to be increasingly rare at this level.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ref got it right I reckon. Olsson was awful throughout though, glad he stayed on. His first half slip was right in front of us, utterly hilarious. As others have said amazed he wasn't subbed. He seemed to be limping most of the game.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What did people make of Olsson staying on the pitch?

My first thought was he should have got a straight red for putting his head on Muzza. But when I saw the highlights, it looked more 50-50.

Then the foul on Skalak. You could make an argument it was a collision rather than malicious. Though my view is he knew exactly what he was doing and it should have been a second yellow.

Your thoughts?

Absolute sending off. He was even looking at the bench with his hands in the air, like, sorry gaffer. The bloke was a buffoon anyway. Made a complete arse of himself falling over. He also seemed to be on a mission. I love Norwich, 1983, thank you, 2016, thank you.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Watched the highlights and many on here are wearing there Albion specs again. Murray put his head to Olsson. Murray should have been booked only.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here