Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olsson - no sending off

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Should have been booked for holding onto the ball, then a yellow for the murray incident. Simple two yellows for me, wouldn't have affected the result though. not sure why he's their captain though, v ordinary player, fiery temper

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Should have been booked for holding onto the ball, then a yellow for the murray incident. Simple two yellows for me, wouldn't have affected the result though. not sure why he's their captain though, v ordinary player, fiery temper
He isn't. Russell Martin is.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
He's a bit of a hot head, a couple of minutes before his time wasting whilst losing 1 nil, be was having a right go at his manager. I can't understand why he was not substituted at half time as he was clearly injured.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The ref was spot on. He punished him by keeping him on.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The head thing defo 50:50 but didn't realise til the highlights he kicked Murray off the ball - could've been straight red for that tbf. Looked like a second yellow for foul on Skalak but want to see it again...

Agree with this. The head to head was a booking each at worst but he should have been sent off for the kick out at Murray. As others have said he could already have been booked for the dissent/not giving the ball back to Stockdale and then fouled Skalak after the incident with Murray and could have been sent off too. Very lucky but, as others have said, in the end it was fine to keep him on the pitch.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I don't suppose anyone has a video of the comedy moment Ollson missed his kick in the first half and then went down injured? I can't remember such a perfect moment of farce for a pantomime villain at the Amex.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The only decision the ref got wrong was booking Murray.

Not really :lol:

Murray got involved with the other player and fronted him up. It's a yellow card every day of the week. Certain referees might have got red cards out for their little fracas.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
What did people make of Olsson staying on the pitch?

My first thought was he should have got a straight red for putting his head on Muzza. But when I saw the highlights, it looked more 50-50.

Then the foul on Skalak. You could make an argument it was a collision rather than malicious. Though my view is he knew exactly what he was doing and it should have been a second yellow.

Yes, the highlights did show that it was rather 50-50 and so you either book both or none. But I was amazed when Olson carried the ball away as he did for such a protracted period of time and got no yellow for that. had he kicked it away, he would have done, so what is the difference?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Having seen it this morning, I think the ref got it right. I thought straight red yesterday afternoon though for Olsson.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In terms of hilarity, Olsson's performance yesterday was equal only to Fabio's cavalcade of incompetency v Solly March last season, and of course Dan Harding's infamous Amex humiliation.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Not really :lol:

Murray got involved with the other player and fronted him up. It's a yellow card every day of the week. Certain referees might have got red cards out for their little fracas.

Correct , other refs would have shown Murray a red for instigating the incident .

In terms of hilarity, Olsson's performance yesterday was equal only to Fabio's cavalcade of incompetency v Solly March last season, and of course Dan Harding's infamous Amex humiliation.

Harding being reduced to tears will remain one of my favourite Amex moment's ever.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Never a sending off. First one was handbags with Murray making a meal of it. The Skalak incident was just two players going for the ball and Skalak got their first, then made a meal of it.

The only decision the ref got wrong was booking Murray.

If Murray made a meal of it to get him sent off then a yellow is probably fair

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here