Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ollie Watkins

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I thought Watkins was snuffed out rather too easily by Tim Ream and 'Virgil van Mike' Hector last night. Not very encouraging for his chances of cutting it in the Premier League.

I know what you mean, although it was only the one game l suppose. Certainly though Tim Ream especially isn't the most able of defenders in my opinion, and surprised he still makes the Fulham starting line up.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This twitter account - has a track record for making informed guesses often around Brighton transfer activity for some reason , hoovering up likes and engagement and the attention that duly follows and then quietly deleting them a few weeks later if they don't come to pass.

Just another attention-seeking bedroom merchant who's probably making a fortune off all these Likes. Knows as much about transfers as the rest of us do (ie what he reads on mainstream and social media).

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
You lot want Eze, Watkins, Edouard, Fraser, Batts, Osayi-Samuel and Sarr.

How many of them do you think you will get?
Should be able to get them all with the £100m they get for Mr Tumble

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Goals scored in Championship this season: 26

https://youtu.be/rhjkvyb9d0g

I’d say he’d get about 4 of those in the Premier League. The marking on him is non existent with 90% of those goals, shocking really; he would find himself completely free in the penalty area in the Premier League over 20 times, that’s for sure!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That Transfer News Live tweet is going to unleash a tidal wave of ITK gossiping...

Transfer news live twitter account does have over 20k followers so looks credible .

They're all guessing. Its like, for younger readers, that song "you're so vain". I bet you think this thread is about you is what they want and what they often get.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That Transfer News Live tweet is going to unleash a tidal wave of ITK gossiping...
Transfer news live twitter account does have over 20k followers so looks credible , however I believe most are ‘ paid for ‘ followers so actually they don’t have any more inside knowledge than any of the respected football journalists in fact probably a lot less . Ignore . Obviously the situation could change but we are not going to pay silly wages to a championship player in the way a team badly run like West Ham or Aston Villa would .
Also known as Transfer Guess Live.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Really don't think he is worth all the fuss, or the money. Let's see.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
that generally means something in it...

There might well be interest (we need a striker, Brentford are likely to sell, he's had a terrific season, Maupay connection) and Naylor would have spoken to someone at the club to confirm that but as ever twitter accounts like LTN have merely guessed whats happening to harness the likes and engagement they crave for some reason and pronounced we've "started talks". *

*they've no idea.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
£25m is a big chunk of money in this current climate for someone who hasn’t played at PL level.

Obviously scored a decent amount of goals but whenever I’ve seen Brentford he hasn’t stood out above anyone else on the pitch.

I’d rather target Rico Henry if we are looking at Brentford players.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
£25m is a big chunk of money in this current climate for someone who hasn’t played at PL level.

Obviously scored a decent amount of goals but whenever I’ve seen Brentford he hasn’t stood out above anyone else on the pitch.

I’d rather target Rico Henry if we are looking at Brentford players.

It's £18m as it is a non-promotion release clause [BBC].

Don't agree on your view on Watkins. Do agree about Henry. Looks quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here