Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ollie Watkins

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Has activated his 18 mill release clause. Crystal Palace are apparently at the head of the queue to singe him.....

Surely he's too young to go to Palace...I would imagine Woy's office next door to the team room at the training shack smells of piss and mothballs - that should be enough to put him off.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
And they could have used the same clause to snatch him for £10m last Summer.

I’m really worried about us taking on another Championship punt if we’re aiming for the top ten.

Perhaps let Palace have this one.

I know what you mean, but with our track record recently from abroad, I suspect IF we do sign another forward it will be a Championship player, unless there is a gem that Ashworth knows about lurking on the fringes of a top Premier League club (like we got with Lamptey).

With the 2 signings made so far being 28 and 32 years of age I suspect if we do get a striker and with GP's keeness to play a fair number of younger players, I suspect a more youthful striker might be sought. To that end Ollie Watkins at 24 would fit the profile.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You lot want Eze, Watkins, Edouard, Fraser, Batts, Osayi-Samuel and Sarr.

How many of them do you think you will get?

Shouldn’t the question be, how many will you actually pay for, given their horrific history?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
id have serious questions if I was a forward player thinking of moving to palace... its a graveyard for forwards much like us under Hughton.

I know the mighty pound will get deals over the line at times but Selhurst Park if you are a forward is not appealing... especially with the player that creates most of there chances more than likely exiting stage left.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I can see Palace getting a new front 3, with Wilf leaving and Townsend getting worse by the second, wouldn't be surprised to see Fraser, Watkins, Eze lining up for them.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You lot want Eze, Watkins, Edouard, Fraser, Batts, Osayi-Samuel and Sarr.

How many of them do you think you will get?

Happens every season lately, Palace are linked with every young exciting attacking player.

Then , they end up with 2 past it loans, one overrated free transfer, and an overpriced central midfielder from a team like Everton’s second 11.

Oh, but, Mr Tumble gets a huge new contract.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I thought Watkins was snuffed out rather too easily by Tim Ream and 'Virgil van Mike' Hector last night. Not very encouraging for his chances of cutting it in the Premier League.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I thought Watkins was snuffed out rather too easily by Tim Ream and 'Virgil van Mike' Hector last night. Not very encouraging for his chances of cutting it in the Premier League.

According to Wikipedia, Hector has had 15 - 15!!! - different loan spells in his career (including Horsham). :ohmy:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Good player who's improving as he gets older. Can play on his own or in a two. Also knows how to play with Maupay. We should be interested in him..

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
39F7D705-66DB-4606-9FF4-CD3DDD99D6D3.jpeg

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
pic of LTN Twitter account

This twitter account - has a track record for making informed guesses often around Brighton transfer activity for some reason , hoovering up likes and engagement and the attention that duly follows and then quietly deleting them a few weeks later if they don't come to pass.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Transfer news live twitter account does have over 20k followers so looks credible , however I believe most are ‘ paid for ‘ followers so actually they don’t have any more inside knowledge than any of the respected football journalists in fact probably a lot less . Ignore . Obviously the situation could change but we are not going to pay silly wages to a championship player in the way a team badly run like West Ham or Aston Villa would .

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here