Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ollie Watkins

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Hmm..., he's (Andone I mean) had more than one chance to redeem himself though and seems to consistently blow it. Not sure we should waste any more time trying to rehabilitate him. If he's unwilling or more likely unable to change I think we should get shot of him. I think he's too much of a liability.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If they don't go up Brentford may well want to keep their better players; they'll want to hang on to them in the Chamionship if they have real ambition. I don't remember us unloading our best players when we lost in the playoffs, even though we had offers such as Dunk and Stevens.

I'm sure Brentford would want to keep him, but the question is, would he be happy to stay if bigger clubs came calling? Never hang on to an unhappy player, that's my maxim.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Thought he looked decent last night and accustomed to playing potterball.

Would he be happy staying at #teamslikebrentford when a team who has played at Priestfield comes knocking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thought he looked lightweight last night :shrug:

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Should of listened to Warren when he was a scout we could of got Watkins when he was at Exeter City and also Callum Wilson when he was at Coventry among others for a fraction of their price now

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Should of listened to Warren when he was a scout we could of got Watkins when he was at Exeter City and also Callum Wilson when he was at Coventry among others for a fraction of their price now

Have. It's have.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I think we had a choice of Wilson from Coventry and Chris O'Grady from Barnsley and as Chris was cheaper we went for him. BHA wouldn't pay the extra money - or couldn't.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Brentford are apparently in for Ivan Toney, maybe to replace one of the BMW ? Maybe we should go for him.

we were mentioned in the same breath re Toney. Watkins ? Should have picked him up when he was at Exeter, where I think Chris McPhee (remember him ?) is working at the academy.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I still hope Andone will be given another chance if he can de-dickhead himself. That first game away v Watford, the attackers were on fire. Andone is better and more experienced than the Brentford lads imho, and he's a Brighton player. Many managers have had to deal with prize bell-ends before. I'd like to see him rehabilitated.

I certainly believe Andone is good enough and the type of striker we need. Just not sure there’s any way back...

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I still hope Andone will be given another chance if he can de-dickhead himself. That first game away v Watford, the attackers were on fire. Andone is better and more experienced than the Brentford lads imho, and he's a Brighton player. Many managers have had to deal with prize bell-ends before. I'd like to see him rehabilitated.

I think the Andone bridge has been burned. Time to move on.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Plus, he suffered another serious knee injury last month.

Oh shit really! That’s that gone then if it’s another long one.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I kind of don’t know who I want to win this final:

Brentford win - new stadium possibly to visit - fun having a smaller club who have done so well in the prem etc - sold so many good players they’ve developed over the years and ran well.. But if we were after Watkins it would mean it prob won’t happen

Fulham win - Love Knocky but don’t want to be playing him next year as wouldn’t like seeing it and I think we made a mistake letting him go. Were in the prem before and stank it out. No chance of signing Mitrovic (again I’m sure there are dozens of clubs after Mitro and Watkins though - and not even sure we are).

Tough one.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm really excited to see which of the local-great-day-out-in-West-London games we get to moan about not being able to attend next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here