Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ollie Watkins

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He'll be rubbish until Bielsa gets hold of him anyway, THEN he'll be world class after one week's training under the Great Man.

Just a single touch from Bielsa is enough to turn a mediocre player into the reincarnation of Franz Beckenbaur, IMMEDIATELY.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No way Watkins would want to stay at Brentford when he could sign us. We're a huge club compared to them. He's basically ours. Yes, yes he's under contract, but given player power he could probably just get that contract cancelled and join us. They're holding him against his will.

Our manager once won the Swedish league and is a world renowned tactical genius who would be managing Real Madrid if he wanted to.

Watkins is Brighton!!!

So how long ago was it you swapped your allegiance to the Albion from Leeds? ???

:wink:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
No way Watkins would want to stay at Brentford when he could sign us. We're a huge club compared to them. He's basically ours. Yes, yes he's under contract, but given player power he could probably just get that contract cancelled and join us. They're holding him against his will.

Our manager once won the Swedish league and is a world renowned tactical genius who would be managing Real Madrid if he wanted to.

Watkins is Brighton!!!

I think you've missed the key point, which is that his girlfriend's Dad is a massive Brighton fan and says that Ollie won't rest professionally until he's played for the mighty BHA. #GOSBTS, # I'm a gobshite. He is Brighton.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I've seen several Brentford games too and his link up with Benrahma has been highly impressive for most of this season.

Whether he is actually on our radar is anyone's guess, but in all reality it's more than likely the club will be looking for players of his ilk from the Championship. Think this summer it's highly unlikely we'll bring in a striker from abroad after the Andone, Locadia, and Ali J situations.

A bigger version of Maupay from the Championship is what I would be expecting the club to go for, but no idea who.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He'll be rubbish until Bielsa gets hold of him anyway, THEN he'll be world class after one week's training under the Great Man.

Not that long, Shirley. All it takes is a glimpse of the greatest manager of all time™ (to never manage in the PL) and Watkins will be under his spell and transformed into a better player than Ronaldo, Messi and Mr Tumble combined :moo:

(Apologies to [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION], who's already done that gag)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Watkins is Brighton!!!

We Are Champions, Champions Of the World :albion2:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
IF Brentford don’t go up, THEN let’s raid them again. Watkins looks like he can play and score tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
We could do a lot worse and have in the past...

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I like him but I'n not totally convinced. I mean, he's no Giroud. He's too young, too quick, too tall and at £18m he's well out of our price range......haven't Peterborough got anything cheaper?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He’s a very charming and articulate young chap isn’t he. Strikes me as someone who would definitely pass the ‘no dickheads’ test.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I've seen several Brentford games too and his link up with Benrahma has been highly impressive for most of this season.

Whether he is actually on our radar is anyone's guess, but in all reality it's more than likely the club will be looking for players of his ilk from the Championship. Think this summer it's highly unlikely we'll bring in a striker from abroad after the Andone, Locadia, and Ali J situations.

A bigger version of Maupay from the Championship is what I would be expecting the club to go for, but no idea who.

I still hope Andone will be given another chance if he can de-dickhead himself. That first game away v Watford, the attackers were on fire. Andone is better and more experienced than the Brentford lads imho, and he's a Brighton player. Many managers have had to deal with prize bell-ends before. I'd like to see him rehabilitated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here