Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oldham Athletic FC versus Brighton and Hove Albion FC - Official match thread

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
One stat I read today that BLEW me away is that we have not failed to score away from home in the League since....Brentford, last August

:ohmy: :bowdown:

Apart from the last away game :thumbsup:

Colchester innit.

:facepalm:
That'll teach me for blindly believing the Argus.

The last blank away from home before Colchester was v Leyton Orient (JPT).

Brentford is the last away game we failed to score in after failing to score in the previous away game. i.e. the last time we failed to score for two consecutive away games, the second was v Brentford (the other being Swansea - League Cup)

My first ever away game was v Oldham and we lost 6-1, so I never feel good when we play them away.

Last edited:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
:facepalm:
That'll teach me for blindly believing the Argus.
Direct quote:

"The blank at Colchester on their last away outing was the first time the seagulls have failed to score on their league travels since the opening away game of the campaign at Brentford back in August".

Not sure they're to blame there!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I trust Poyet on this, he watches him in training every day. lets hope for the teams sake he is proved right as he holds an important position in this formation.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
what does everyone not like about carole ? I think hes very lazy and when he gets the ball hell take a shout 50 yards high or wide

past his best but having said that he will probably score the winner to prove me wrong ...........hope so

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Dean Cox scores a hattrick for the reserves in midweek. Sebastien Carole starts on saturday. ???

Sometimes life just isn't fair....

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
i think the key is the system is working. IMHO i think Carole is pointless in a 4-4-2 because he cant defend but in a 3-5-2 those duties are theoretically relinquished somewhat by the covering central midfielder, it might bring the best out of him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here