Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oldham Athletic FC versus Brighton and Hove Albion FC - Official match thread

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Most stress-free win you're likely to see really. We weren't mind-blowing, but we were organised and showed some good play in places. Oldham were shit from start to finish. It was also one of those games where I couldn't really pick out anyone as playing particularly well or anyone badly. Just good, solid performances all round. Also nice to see just how much better than relegation fodder we now are.
Was Brezovan's penalty save as good as it was described on the radio? (top draw was mentioned):thumbsup:

Last edited:

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
As I've posted in another thread, I didn't think it was anything special at all. Admittedly, the angle I was looking at it from wasn't the best, but what is definite is that it was at the PERFECT height to be saved. It also didn't appear to be that far from him. To be honest, I'd be disappointed if he DIDN'T keep such an attempt out.

However, just to avoid the inevitable "you can't praise anyone but Kuipers" responses, I will say on this thread too that he made a double save in the first half that was superb, and FAR better than the penalty save.

Gus Poyet - "And of course the save of the game. I don't know if you are going to see a better penalty save than that one."

Hmmm, who to believe?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Great win, great pen save by all accounts. BUT, why the need for some to slag off FDM?
A f***ing legend in my eyes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here