Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old Trafford evacuated MATCH ABANDONED

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
On Five Live this morning they interviewed two people who attended yesterday (can't call them fans).

One of them referred to 'The a Theatre of Dreams' and the other was moaning that they'd travelled 4,300 miles from Texas to see the game (and it wasn't an exiled Manc).

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.
The media report this as if we're supposed to feel sorry for these tools instead of finding it hilarious.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On the BBC News too - Greater Manchester Police have just announced that.

But why does a training devise look like a real bomb? Surely there is potential for plenty of issues if you're carrying around a fake dirty bomb so why didn't they use something clearly indicating it's a fake? And if the exercise is to look for something suspicious just plant a piece of card which says SUSPICIOUS ITEM in bright pink on it.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Oh dear.

Was there really no-one at Old Trafford who knew about this and perhaps might have mentioned it? One can only conclude that those in charge are not too bright.

Better safe than sorry I suppose but, even so, this was an excellent exercise in incompetence.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just hope they put reserves out tomorrow tonight. They need to save their team for the Satanic Cup Final...

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The training exercise was probably on a "need to know" basis, but it beggars belief that neither police or stadium security could put 2 and 2 together. How on earth could the same people not be involved?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On Five Live this morning they interviewed two people who attended yesterday (can't call them fans).

One of them referred to 'The a Theatre of Dreams' and the other was moaning that they'd travelled 4,300 miles from Texas to see the game (and it wasn't an exiled Manc).

The exact same fans Tony (and every Premier League Chairman) is keen to attract.

I guarantee Mr Texas spent more at Old Trafford yesterday than you and me combined have spent at the AMEX this season.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The exact same fans Tony (and every Premier League Chairman) is keen to attract.

I guarantee Mr Texas spent more at Old Trafford yesterday than you and me combined have spent at the AMEX this season.

Not denying that, doesn't stop them being twats though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But why does a training devise look like a real bomb? Surely there is potential for plenty of issues if you're carrying around a fake dirty bomb so why didn't they use something clearly indicating it's a fake? And if the exercise is to look for something suspicious just plant a piece of card which says SUSPICIOUS ITEM in bright pink on it.

It was a training exercise for DOGS!

The search / sniffer dogs are clever buggers, but even they can't READ!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The media report this as if we're supposed to feel sorry for these tools instead of finding it hilarious.

Two more in the paper this morning, too - a guy from Cardiff, who 'caught the coach this morning, and have never seen United play live before. Its very disappointing", and a 'fan of 63 years' from Bristol, on his FIRST trip to Old Trafford! :jester:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Two more in the paper this morning, too - a guy from Cardiff, who 'caught the coach this morning, and have never seen United play live before. Its very disappointing", and a 'fan of 63 years' from Bristol, on his FIRST trip to Old Trafford! :jester:

My wife just properly LOLLED at that. No wonder everyone hates Man United.

I feel sorry for the Bournemouth fans though. What an almighty cock up.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I would have hoped that if I was in the "planting fake bombs for training" sector I would usually be forced by my superior to "count all my fake bombs after the training to make sure i've not left any fake bombs somewhere".

1 - Because it would lose the company money to keep replacing the fake bombs.
and 2......BECAUSE THEY ARE FAKE BOMBS.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It appears the training exercise was last week which beggars the question as to why the toilets weren't cleaned/checked until shortly before ko?

yes, a far far bigger question to be answered than "why didnt they notice a prop missing" is "why didnt they find the prop in the regular security sweep". a lot of red faces and chairs kicked over this shambles.

yes, a far far bigger question to be answered than "why didnt they notice a prop missing" is "why didnt they find the prop in the regular security sweep". a lot of red faces and chairs kicked over this shambles.

I was thinking much the same, people calling for somebody to be sacked, I'd sack the bloody dogs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here