Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old Trafford evacuated MATCH ABANDONED

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
WOW! Someone is in a world of shit tonight. Makes my leaving my manbag/backpack on a train at London Bridge about a month after the 7/7 bombings tame by comparison.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was a training device left behind my MUFC's security people.

Someone is in a whole load of shit after this oversight.

If City had lost . . . . United would have had a massive advantage. Ergo, they should be given a points deduction for next season.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It's the Bournemouth fans I feel sorry for. They looked good natured after the abandonment and just accepted it as one of those things from the pictures on Final Score.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If it was the Islamic State there'd be hundreds dead tonight.

At least if it was the IRA they gave a warning.

I know it's a bit early to draw conclusions but that's what it sounds like. We don't need the Irish against us as well with the tension rising in the last few days.

Point of information, the IRA do give prior warnings but almost always too late for a full evacuation so the likelihood of killing innocent civilians is always high and they also sometimes give cryptic or misleading information. The Omagh bombing for instance was made more horrific because acting on inaccurate warnings the police led people towards the bomb. In Warrington, the police were only warned of a single bomb and even then the warnings were vague as to which town.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
6d3807bb52c0bb089480b46ad3f1d385.jpg

And sadly, Tuesday for the game? That does not work in United's favour.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
So when were the toilets last cleaned ?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Every fan getting a refund AND a free ticket to the rearranged game.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I am not having that the firm did not have an inventory. This smells dodgy to me. As if a company puts out fake bombs and then doesn't count them in. Sorry no chance.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
They should replay the game at Bournemouth's ground. This would avoid the incompetence of the United security and would prevent the fans of both clubs having to make another long journey from Dorset.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Every fan getting a refund AND a free ticket to the rearranged game.

Should be free travel for the Bournemouth fans, when I heard this earlier I felt there was something suspicious about it all, now united know how the results have gone so will know what team the can play ready for the cup final. Will be interesting to see if the play the same team Tuesday as they were going to today

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Is this somthing we should consider for Monday? Get the game delayed and, with it, some of our players back?

An Ernest zip wire extravaganza from the ESU to the WSU with fake plastic explosives taped to his body should do the trick.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I heard that suspicious package was identified as a trophy.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
ok, keys, wallet, phone, see you then!

Hey, how about this fake bom....oh, he's gone.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Are the half and half scarves from yesterday's game valid when the match is replayed?

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are the half and half scarves from yesterday's game valid when the match is replayed?

Tricky one. They do tend to have the match date on them, so I call NO.

I'd think that any tool happy to shell of a tenner for one of these abominations, will happily part with some more for the special edition one, as well anyway.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
On Five Live this morning they interviewed two people who attended yesterday (can't call them fans).

One of them referred to 'The a Theatre of Dreams' and the other was moaning that they'd travelled 4,300 miles from Texas to see the game (and it wasn't an exiled Manc).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here