Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old hat maybe - but why no dedicated beer queues?

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Thats all very well but we not all equipped with this new technology, i'm a no cash man, have 4 banks accounts that all have debit cards but none of them have offered me a contactless card. do you have to specifically apply for them?

So get equipped. It's not 'new tech.' It's been around for ages. Just call your bank and ask for it. They'll give it to everyone eventually when your card is due for replacement, but ask for it and they will give it to you at your convenience. Fella, card payments are decades old, there is no excuse or reason(other than greed) to only accept cash.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
So get equipped. It's not 'new tech.' It's been around for ages. Just call your bank and ask for it. They'll give it to everyone eventually when your card is due for replacement, but ask for it and they will give it to you at your convenience. Fella, card payments are decades old, there is no excuse or reason(other than greed) to only accept cash.

"fella" ???

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If half time was only ten minutes I could manage w/o a pint, fifteen minutes plus and I start to get bored. People missing out on buying a drink at half time is lost revenue to the club.

I never bother at half time as I get bored queuing up.
The service was very slow after the match on Saturday in the WSU, i went down to the WSL about 15 minutes after the final whistle, stood behind a queue of 1, waited 5 minutes for him to get his beers, and another 5 to get myself a pint.
Hardly any queuing and lots of staff but very slow service.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I never bother at half time as I get bored queuing up.
The service was very slow after the match on Saturday in the WSU, i went down to the WSL about 15 minutes after the final whistle, stood behind a queue of 1, waited 5 minutes for him to get his beers, and another 5 to get myself a pint.
Hardly any queuing and lots of staff but very slow service.

The service is always painfully slow. Seems much better at most away games.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The service is always painfully slow. Seems much better at most away games.
If ever a post needed a :smile: afterwards, to signify taking the wee-wee, it's that one.

i was just about to go full Victor until realising you're not being serious.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
They do still have the mobile kiosks but these are often painfully slow too, depending who is manning them. Saturday, the stall at lower west south end was dire and so I missed the goal.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It's the limited amount of card queues that bugs me, why is that. We've gone from encouraging e-cash on the STH (which was great especially with the discounts) to having most of the outlets as cash only, I cant see the logic in this at all.

As for HT i'll have a half now, not only do I finish my drink before the restart but we have won the last two times I have had one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here