Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old faces North stand circa 1990ish

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I thought i could see myself in the OPs picture then i realised it was the right side-i was a left sider!!

We're the left side we're the left side we're the left side Brighton boys...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Orrible stuff, a mix of orange sand, grit and napalm, you didn't see Paul Clark rolling about like a baby when landed on it though

What about Leeds Lee Chapman vs Spurs? smashed his face on the stuff,he just got up blood everywhere and carried on too.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
oooh, me with long hair standing next to my beardy old man.

cool

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Slightly older but still a regular ...View attachment 55914-

You're "farmer Mick", as we kindly called you as knuckleheaded teenagers? My friend and I used to stand behind you for a good few years - I'm cursed not to find myself in this snap yet. I remember smoking one of your super-long snouts and I thought it was made of straw. :)
You're down the front of the north now aren't you? I still smile warmly in your direction.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I never heard the touch-line, warm-up, non-grass bit called a running track before - thought poster was confusing with Withers.
I think's its called red-clay, similar to French open tennis courts?

JCL? Hardly, Boxing day '67 was first game for me .....

I wasn't mistaking it for Withdean, my friend. The point I was making was that one of the magical early memories I have of the Goldstone was how green the pitch looked next to the reddish perimeter. I thought it was fantastic. I close my eyes now and can see it and smell that aroma of the mid-70s Goldstone - from the Chicken run, I might add. The West Stand probably had a prawn sarnie smell.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Yep can see myself, my mates standing behind me, was this an FA Cup game Vs Barnet ?

402406_10150539879976462_1650513435_n.jpg

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
You're "farmer Mick", as we kindly called you as knuckleheaded teenagers? My friend and I used to stand behind you for a good few years - I'm cursed not to find myself in this snap yet. I remember smoking one of your super-long snouts and I thought it was made of straw. :)
You're down the front of the north now aren't you? I still smile warmly in your direction.

I was merely pointing Mick out ....(Im not that fipping old )

Jan 30, 2008
Which part of the North is that? The centre or the right (if viewed from the pitch?). I'm assuming it's the centre as it is quite full - also if it was the right I should be able to see myself. Amazing how few people wore replica kits back then, isn't it.
amazing how so many wear them now ??? WHY ???
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here