Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old faces North stand circa 1990ish

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
If it is, that's a big chap for nine (assuming this is 1990).

I recognise the lass in front of the Camillin-alike. Don't know her name, though.

I reckon it's about 1992 based on the kit. Also I think Paul would have been a couple of years older than than that....

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
That could well be him. I recognise the bloke to the left of him with the light ginger hair and tash. He's been around for years and pretty sure I see him at The Amex still.

That's Mr Rocker himself.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm two rows down from you and to the left standing next to my mate David. Well I think its me, That person is def short enough...but it looks like I've got glasses on...I am blind as a bat but I can't believe I would have worn glasses to a football match I'm far too vain!

What's the point of going to a football match that you are not going to be able to see?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
The bit round the edge of the pitch was sandy and the team would sometimes run round it. So as we knew no better we called it............The running track. Are you a JCL.

I never heard the touch-line, warm-up, non-grass bit called a running track before - thought poster was confusing with Withers.
I think's its called red-clay, similar to French open tennis courts?

JCL? Hardly, Boxing day '67 was first game for me .....

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Orrible stuff, a mix of orange sand, grit and napalm, you didn't see Paul Clark rolling about like a baby when landed on it though

Always remember watching training one day from the East Stand, the players were doing shuttle sprint races right in front of the terrace upon said 'track'. Teddy Maybank was racing against Paul Clark and Teddy evidently thought that Tank had not run the full distance and called him a 'f%&*ing cheating ****' with a smile until he remembered the audience and apologised.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Bobby Ball stroking his chin: Top left quarter, behind the guy in the beige jacket clapping.
Justin Hawkins from the Darkness, bottom right, two in

Always remember watching training one day from the East Stand, the players were doing shuttle sprint races right in front of the terrace upon said 'track'. Teddy Maybank was racing against Paul Clark and Teddy evidently thought that Tank had not run the full distance and called him a 'f%&*ing cheating ****' with a smile until he remembered the audience and apologised.
Maybank apologised? He didn't apologise for shaving his nuts in front of me in the sauna at Corals in 1993

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
Slightly older but still a regular ... 402406_10150539879976462_1650513435_n.jpg-

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here