Sussex by the Sea
The Ranelagh?

ra1.jpg

ra2.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
That old shot is fantastic. A great portrayal of Brighton life at that time. The clothes, hats, shops and even a horse and cart.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
There used to be a lovely little bakers just up on the left hand side of Trafalgar Street in the sixties/seventies. Happy days!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
is it just me, but i think in 90% of the older pictures that the buildings and surroundings look far nicer than the modern.
I totally agree. It's such a shame that so much of our infrastructural history is gone for ever.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I totally agree. It's such a shame that so much of our infrastructural history is gone for ever.
i think the worst element is the signage on shops. Years back hand sign written and or even sculptured, nowadays cheap as chips horrid plastic rubbish, vinyl wraps stuck all over the windows and finished with uncleaned filthy doorways that haven’t seen a mop and bucket in years.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I think Hove Motors was owned by Tony Blooms grandfather
I think you're right and I occasionally dine out on the story that my dad used to French polish the walnut veneers there on higher end car dashboards before they went back out for sale.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I think you're right and I occasionally dine out on the story that my dad used to French polish the walnut veneers there on higher end cars before they went back out for sale.
you may well be right, but I always thought he owned Hares garages? I’m most likely wrong

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here