Sussex by the Sea
The Level / Ditchling Road?
TL2.jpg
TL1.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
In about 1970, myself and three friends walked from Kemp Town Goods Yard, through the now sealed up tunnel, and right along the train route and across that viaduct. We turned round and went back when we could see trains going in to Brighton Station!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Has anyone else noticed quite how dull most of the old pictures are- random shots of minor road junctions.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Has anyone else noticed quite how dull most of the old pictures are- random shots of minor road junctions.
Maybe they are the ones most identifiable and where the changes are noticeable and significant.

A picture of a hill or a spinney where no sod goes might be less exciting to capture the development over time.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Maybe they are the ones most identifiable and where the changes are noticeable and significant.

A picture of a hill or a spinney where no sod goes might be less exciting to capture the development over time.
Any idea of the year when the old Gyratory / Lewes Rd photo was taken?
I would be interested to see the year added to the old photos when you post them (if you know of course)
Or a guess the year would be good.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Perhaps those blokes standing there are deciding whether to go to the Moulin Rouge, on the billboard, or to the 25 Women Midgets at the Hippodrome. ( If I am reading it right )
I'm more concerned about that bloke perched precariously on that whacking great hole in the roof !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here