Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old Albion Squad Photos - please me help name the players!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Having got a few wrong (on the oither thread), I will state what's left of my reputation in that it IS Tony Towner in the 72/73 pic. He was a youth teamer but broke into the side, rooted to the bottom of the league, in january and had a pretty good start.

As for the 60's pic in front of the West Stand, too late to try them all but far left of top row is 'tiger' tawse and far left of middle road is Charlie Livesey.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ahhh, I'm guessing you're referring this classic from 1967-68...

P4611973.jpg

Different shirts from the following year. White cuffs...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Having got a few wrong (on the oither thread), I will state what's left of my reputation in that it IS Tony Towner in the 72/73 pic. He was a youth teamer but broke into the side, rooted to the bottom of the league, in january and had a pretty good start.

As for the 60's pic in front of the West Stand, too late to try them all but far left of top row is 'tiger' tawse and far left of middle road is Charlie Livesey.

Thank you. And happy birthday, Freddie!

btnred

Jan 24, 2010

Howard wilkinson front row

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Here's Tony Towner in the early 1970s...
towner.jpg

But yeah, even some of the pics of him around that time has the shorter hairstyle. Yep, I'm starting to think it's him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here