Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] OK, so what did YOU do wrong Sunday?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I had everything planned for over a week. Usual routine in the morning. Honey Nut Cornflakes & coffee. Same clothes, jeans, pants, socks (falling apart), 2 shirts, jumper & scarf. Usual shoes, right one first.
Sat on the same side on the coach, walked up the left hand side of the stairs and had a pie & pint.
But I had Corned Beef sarnies instead of peanut butter. I always have peanut butter sandwiches. Have done all away games. But by mistake made myself corned beef. I knew pre-match when I saw them that we were going to lose.
I do, of course, take full responsability. And as strange as it may be to some, I truly do feel I take the blame. Is there anyone else in the same boat can help share my guilt? I know I'm not the only superstitious one on here

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My eldest left her lucky football belt at Uni. She's retrieved it for tomorrow.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I had everything planned for over a week. Usual routine in the morning. Honey Nut Cornflakes & coffee. Same clothes, jeans, pants, socks (falling apart), 2 shirts, jumper & scarf. Usual shoes, right one first.
Sat on the same side on the coach, walked up the left hand side of the stairs and had a pie & pint.
But I had Corned Beef sarnies instead of peanut butter. I always have peanut butter sandwiches. Have done all away games. But by mistake made myself corned beef. I knew pre-match when I saw them that we were going to lose.
I do, of course, take full responsability. And as strange as it may be to some, I truly do feel I take the blame. Is there anyone else in the same boat can help share my guilt? I know I'm not the only superstitious one on here
I wore a home shirt that was a birthday present last year but hadn´t worn for a match before.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I stood in a corporate box getting increasingly hammered on free champagne, while three boring old farts used boring business jargon for hours without glancing at the match. I wanted to be among the actual fans. I blame this.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I took down my flag hanging up in the back window so I could hang it in the front window before leaving for Wembley… sorry about that… I moved it back.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
1682439376764.jpeg

We went Lap Dancing. ( That’s £15 I will never see again 😂)

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Your fault
I wore a different scarf.
Your fault
My eldest left her lucky football belt at Uni. She's retrieved it for tomorrow.
Her fault
I shaved it all off.

ALL.
Smooth

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
I’m glad you’ve taken responsibility, I thought it was my fault for wearing my Albion scarf for the first time since we failed to win a match for several weeks. Binned it now.

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
As the game went to penalties my father in law sent me a text saying “put a curse on United. When they run up for a penalty say ‘miss miss donkey piss’”. Childish, perhaps, but I did it anyway. I also found myself saying “come on, bury it ya bastard” each time an Albion player began his run up.
But then disaster, as Solly March began his run up I uttered the curse I’d been using for United and then had to quickly change it. So I feel I should take some part of the blame.
For full disclosure I’d had a few and was watching on tv.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Took off the regular socks I had intended to wear in favour of some BHAFC ones that someone gave me as a birthday present that morning.

They've been burned now, and the ashes are in a lead-lined box at the bottom of a mine shaft.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Took off the regular socks I had intended to wear in favour of some BHAFC ones that someone gave me as a birthday present that morning.

They've been burned now, and the ashes are in a lead-lined box at the bottom of a mine shaft.
I wore the socks the club sent me in my Members+ pack for the first time.

Never again. Quite like the idea of burning them....

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I turned and said to my mate, he’s gonna miss. I’m buying a lottery ticket now.
I’m not, but I did say that. 😞

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here