Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oi. Headmaster you're a ----

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
In our assembly each morning, a group of us would try singing the hymn "he's got the whole world in his hands" while over the other side they'd always chirp up with "all things bright and beautiful".

Well that sounds like the WSU versus North stand argument then.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I am assuming that this is a poor taste joke, but sadly suspect it is not. As a general observation, (as I am not in a position to comment on your situation) after 35 years of teaching, the one thing that always sticks in my memory is that of parents claiming that their troublesome offspring is "alright at home" -yes, he/she doubtless is by THEIR standards.

What did you teach - judging by your comments I'm guessing P.E., or maybe woodwork?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I went to a presentation at my daughter's school last week and there was quite a large number of people there. It was the usual mix of parents with kids of various ages (some as young as 4 or 5), Mums, Dads, Grandparents etc. There was a large mix of ages, a lot of women and most of the people there had come with members of their families. I went with two friends.

The Headmaster gave a long talk about the school but about 10 minutes into his talk he said something that a lot of people around me disagreed with (me included). Some people shouted about how it was a disgrace and that the Headmaster should be sacked.

I waited until it went quiet, then I stood up and shouted out as loud as I could (because I knew everyone would appreciate it) "OI. HEADMASTER YOU'RE A C*NT"

Well would you believe it, one of the Teachers came over and told me my behaviour was unacceptable. I told him to f*ck off and if he didn't like it he should move to another school. Now they are alleging that some of the other parents have complained about my language and one parent has threatened to bash me up.

As far as I am concerned if the parents don't like it they can take their kids out of school and they can all go to another school with their kids. The school have threatened to ban me from their premises. I actually could not care less and as far as I am concerned they can ALL leave the school. I will be back and I will swear as much as I like.

It's a downright liberty isn't it?

"Who's that kvnt Mr. Headmaster?
Who's that kvnt we all abhor?
No one knows his fvcking name
But we know the kvnt's to blame
Now my kids can't come here any more"

"Sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning, SACKED IN THE MORRRR-NING" etc...

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I rather obvious and weak :fishing:

In any case, EVERYONE knows that foul and abusive language in a public place is against the law - that'll be the stands at a football ground AND the local school.

m.c.hamster

Jul 9, 2003
Thank you for all your replies.

It is an analogy. If this actually did happen at a school, everyone would agree that it is totally unacceptable and the person doing this should be dealt with robustly. Most people hope he would be kicked out or arrested.

However, some people believe that this type of behaviour is acceptable at a football match simply because "they are at a football match". And that they will do whatever they like and say whatever they like because "they are at a football match".

If you think it is acceptable then you are WRONG. If you think I am wrong, then try doing it down West Street this Saturday and tell the Old Bill what you think of them, or actually do tell the Headmaster what you think of him, or shout it out in Tescos this afternoon whilst shopping with your wife or Mum or nan.

If we are attempting to encourage full stands for games, this type of abusive language and behaviour will not encourage people to attend.

And before anyone says anything, I am neither female nor a child and I have been a Brighton fan since the 1960's.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter

It is an analogy. If this actually did happen at a school, everyone would agree that it is totally unacceptable and the person doing this should be dealt with robustly. Most people hope he would be kicked out or arrested.

However, some people believe that this type of behaviour is acceptable at a football match simply because "they are at a football match". And that they will do whatever they like and say whatever they like because "they are at a football match".

If you think it is acceptable then you are WRONG. If you think I am wrong, then try doing it down West Street this Saturday and tell the Old Bill what you think of them, or actually do tell the Headmaster what you think of him, or shout it out in Tescos this afternoon whilst shopping with your wife or Mum or nan.

If we are attempting to encourage full stands for games, this type of abusive language and behaviour will not encourage people to attend.

And before anyone says anything, I am neither female nor a child and I have been a Brighton fan since the 1960's.

This sounds like the sort of patronising telling off speech I'd get from my old Headmaster. If I ever stepped out of line, which I didn't...*cough*

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

When I went to school or when older went to the pub or just walked around the street it was rare to hear people swearing - nowadays its commonplace - football has not changed in this respect - you should be looking to vent your anger at society not football.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If 'm.c.hamster' could get his way the Amex would be converted into a REAL library.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
A nice analogy, but it falls down when you consider swearing at football grounds should be expected (working class background etc) whereas it's not at a school. There's a family stand for a reason, if you don't like the swearing, go to the family stand.

agreed

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

I take your point but this is what the Family Stand is for.

When the ref gave that "penalty" for Bournemouth I shot out of my seat and shouted "Ref, you're a kvnt!" Once I sat down I felt a bit bad, as I sit next to a lady in her late 60s. But then I thought about it and decided I had acted correctly, because the ref WAS a kvnt.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Strange way to make your point with the original post, I didn't have a clue what you meant.
I try and keep a lid on the swearing but sometimes when I see a bad tackle or dodgy refereeing decision I can't help myself.
If I didn't want to hear swearing I wouldn't go in the North Stand.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

When the ref gave that "penalty" for Bournemouth I shot out of my seat and shouted "Ref, you're a kvnt!" Once I sat down I felt a bit bad, as I sit next to a lady in her late 60s. But then I thought about it and decided I had acted correctly, because the ref WAS a kvnt.

This.
I was up and swearing at that ref, but when I looked around plenty of others were doing the same.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
:drama:
I went to a presentation at my daughter's school last week and there was quite a large number of people there. It was the usual mix of parents with kids of various ages (some as young as 4 or 5), Mums, Dads, Grandparents etc. There was a large mix of ages, a lot of women and most of the people there had come with members of their families. I went with two friends.

The Headmaster gave a long talk about the school but about 10 minutes into his talk he said something that a lot of people around me disagreed with (me included). Some people shouted about how it was a disgrace and that the Headmaster should be sacked.

I waited until it went quiet, then I stood up and shouted out as loud as I could (because I knew everyone would appreciate it) "OI. HEADMASTER YOU'RE A C*NT"

Well would you believe it, one of the Teachers came over and told me my behaviour was unacceptable. I told him to f*ck off and if he didn't like it he should move to another school. Now they are alleging that some of the other parents have complained about my language and one parent has threatened to bash me up.

As far as I am concerned if the parents don't like it they can take their kids out of school and they can all go to another school with their kids. The school have threatened to ban me from their premises. I actually could not care less and as far as I am concerned they can ALL leave the school. I will be back and I will swear as much as I like.

It's a downright liberty isn't it?
:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::ffsparr::ffsparr::ffsparr::tosser::tosser::tosser:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

I am greatly relieved that the original post was not a description of reality at a school meeting, though sadly after many years teaching, this is believable, even if exceptional. It is a fascinating argument about swearing at football and the easy answer is to tell people to go the North Stand if they can't stop swearing. I swear in frustration myself so would not want anyone to think I am being hypocritical. Bu the argument does tend to fall down, as how do we know that everyone in the North Stand, who might otherwise enjoy the atmosphere behind the goal, wants to hear bad language. And yes, you could go the family stand to avoid it, though one could ask why you should have to, and bad language chanted by thousands is clearly audible in the family areas. I really don't the answer as football is a passionate game attended by people who presumably swear at other times, and I suppose the realistic answer, though morally questionable, is that you ignore it, or don't go to football at all, or tell the kids that you what you hear is a bad example and should not be copied. Of course you can tell people not to swear in the programme, but it is always going to happen.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don't get why people are making such a massive fuss about bad language. It's just words. "I don't want to be subjected to bad language" The way people talk about it it's as if it's having a physical or emotional effect on them.

Is it just another example of the moaning culture in this country and people seeking things to be offended by? Surely any adult should be able to hear swear words in a context that isn't directed at them and not be emotionally affected by it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here