Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Oh Tomer.........

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
According to you, that is. I'm fairly sure lots and lots of people, such as me, would disagree. Not saying all of it is political in a positive or negative sense, but I definitely consider it political.

Actually.....perhaps you are right.

I started posting on this thread because I was amazed that two blokes of non-palestinian ethnicity waving the Palestinian flag at the FA cup final have been exonerated, while Tomer is being hammered. Let's accept for a moment they are both political acts (and so is taking the knee), if it is a rule of football that political acts are not acceptable why is a man celebrating his own nation guilty whereas a man waving the flag of a nation he has no connection with (other than by religion) not guilty? And if taking the knee is also political then it should also be banned. Surely?

I'm playing Devil's advocate here obviously. I do think there is a difference between the politics of Hamza or indeed me waving a Palestinian flag (or an Israeli flag - I'm not Israeli) and the politics of Tomer and the politics of taking the knee, and I'd like to think it isn't simply because I dislike Palestinians (I don't, so it isn't).

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
That stamp only happened in the minds of the pundits. Wasn’t it Graeme Souness that acted as judge, jury and executioner ? I’m unconvinced he would have been suspended but for that intervention. It ended his Albion career. Really pleased he is still scoring goals.

That was my memory too but figured I'd google it to check. Now I'm less emotionally biased it does look a tad intentional to me, at least you could understand why some people thought it was deliberate.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
That was my memory too but figured I'd google it to check. Now I'm less emotionally biased it does look a tad intentional to me, at least you could understand why some people thought it was deliberate.

Where should his foot have landed though ? Seemed to me like an accident. Maybe I am being naive. The whole stamp thing was probably intended by Tomer to be a metaphor for crushing the Palestinians. When you look at it that way he probably got off lightly.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So once again anyone who dares to criticise Israel is accused of anti-Semitism!

Israel is NOT beyond reproach and shouldn’t be allowed carte blance to do whatever they wish with no risk of criticism.
No, people who compare Israel with the Nazis are, according to one widely recognised definition, making anti semitic statements.

There are plenty of ways to criticise Israeli actions without drawing that innacurate offensive comparison.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The sooner the cowards of Hamas stop hiding behind the skirts of women and children to lob rockets into Israeli towns and settlements, the sooner Israel will stop massively retaliating. Same as it ever was

Ah here we go, the enlightened pro-Israel faction... I remember your classy posts about bulldozing palestinians into the sea... You're as bad as the monsters in Hamas. Congratulations.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
This is not a simple Israel v Palestinians conflict, there is a wider perspective which is IRAN V Israel and the former wants to annihilate the latter , they don't want peace or equality they want the removal of the Israeli state and the Israelis. They are using Hamas and Hezbollah as their proxies to do the fighting and Hamas are fighting from within the civilian population and as a consequence there are civilian casualties. The Israeli mentality is such that they will not tolerate another holocaust (or will go fighting this time) so any attack on Israel or Israeli citizens meets with a forceful counter action.

But let's be clear Israel is using VERY precise attacks , mainly targeting single buildings whose occupants are told to leave prior to the attack, yes some of these probably go wrong but to suggest they are trying to wipe out the Palestinians is really far from the mark.

One point to take on board this conflict has been going on for the last 100 years (fighting started before the state of israel was established) and in some ways it has changed e.g. Egypt accepts the Israeli state and other arab countries do deals with them as they see them as an 'ally' in the developing Shia (Iran) v Sunni (Saudi) conflict but there has been one constant which has been the use of Palestinians to do others dirty work . Whilst this latter conflict continues and expands there will be no peace for the Palestinians because it's not in Iran's interest

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
So once again anyone who dares to criticise Israel is accused of anti-Semitism!

Israel is NOT beyond reproach and shouldn’t be allowed carte blance to do whatever they wish with no risk of criticism.

I would be fairly certain there would be plenty of Israelis living in Israel who disapprove of what the Israeli government is doing.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Remember when that c*** Joey Barton “ accidentally “ ??? landed on Kayal’s leg, looked far worse than the Tomer incident, IMO obviously. I honestly thought what Tomer did was accidental at the time and from watching back on TV.

Also remember Ashley Barnes getting sent off at the Amex, I think it was v Burnley, at the time i thought the Burnley player was getting sent off for fouling Barnes, but Barnes apparently stamped on him when he landed.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Hard not to feel for the Palestinians. Imagine your house being taken off you and being told to live in the hut at the bottom of the garden.

Simplistic I know but...

Or more extreme. France saying "We are gonna dig a few more tunnels and so we are gonna run n trains from Dieppe to Brighton so from 2025 . Everyone currently living in Brighton will need to move out."

People of Brighton's Response.

" But that's not fair. We worship on the Hallowed Turf of the Amex. Our beloved Football Club is here"

French Response

" Tough shit " Go and play at the Whitdean. There's a running track and a bit of grass to play on there. We need to build a railway station in Brighton to run our trains to and Brighton is a nice city and so it's ours.

How hard would you fight to hang on to o your city. And would you ever come round to just accepting it ?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I’m
Sure the likes of swansman, westdene seagull & midnight rendezvous know exactly how Islamist terrorist groups operate , mixing in with civilians, then making sure there are plenty of photographs of the wounded and dead when Israel retaliates to help them win the PR war which Hamas are very aware of . These posters won’t admit it of course because their so called
blind ignorance of the facts allows them to continue with their heavily one sided views .

And you haven’t got a one sided view?

Israel tells us it has never faced so many rockets (easy claim without actual numbers) but they have not told us how many they have shot down. They have not told us how many have got through? To be fair Hamas are throwing lots of fire crackers as Israel launches wave after wave of computer controlled high explosives. For the Israelis to talk of having a tough time is a disingenuous to say the least. Perhaps we should use casualty numbers to make a more honest assessment?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or more extreme. France saying "We are gonna dig a few more tunnels and so we are gonna run n trains from Dieppe to Brighton so from 2025 . Everyone currently living in Brighton will need to move out."

People of Brighton's Response.

" But that's not fair. We worship on the Hallowed Turf of the Amex. Our beloved Football Club is here"

French Response

" Tough shit " Go and play at the Whitdean. There's a running track and a bit of grass to play on there. We need to build a railway station in Brighton to run our trains to and Brighton is a nice city and so it's ours.

How hard would you fight to hang on to o your city. And would you ever come round to just accepting it ?

Conventional train or monorail?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have no idea why planet Earth invests in The United Nations.

Shirley it would be better off just throwing down a topic on NSC and let the usual half a dozen or so posters, who write in a manner to suggest they have an extensive knowledge about everything, sort out the whole snaffoo.

With the added bonus they can also recommend a good sparkie.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Conventional train or monorail?

Depends on how much resistance the good folks of Brighton put up.

If they can get everyone out quickly. Conventional Train.

If you all prove difficult to get out of your home's. It might just be Monorail.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Shirley it would be better off just throwing down a topic on NSC and let the usual half a dozen or so posters, who write in a manner to suggest they have an extensive knowledge about everything, sort out the whole snaffoo.

Isn't all politics resolved on NSC ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Isn't all politics resolved on NSC ?

I think the word 'resolved' in that sentence is writing cheques it can't possibly cash.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Good to see the usual anti semites gathered in one place though. It’s stuff like this that gets people through lockdown.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
And you haven’t got a one sided view?

Israel tells us it has never faced so many rockets (easy claim without actual numbers) but they have not told us how many they have shot down. They have not told us how many have got through? To be fair Hamas are throwing lots of fire crackers as Israel launches wave after wave of computer controlled high explosives. For the Israelis to talk of having a tough time is a disingenuous to say the least. Perhaps we should use casualty numbers to make a more honest assessment?

Rocket numbers are not the big issue , it’s the intent . Hamas have launched approx 3,500 rockets at Israel . Somewhere between 150-200 have misfired and landed within the Gaza Strip , killing an unknown number of people .

Israel’s Iron Dome system has shot down approx 85-90% of the rockets launched into Israel .

The argument that because the Palestinian casualties are higher , Israel is being too heavy handed is ludicrous. Hamas has since the last war increased its Rocket capability and they can know reach the major city of Tel Aviv . That is completely unacceptable to Israel as it would be to any other country . The response is to hit Hamas hard and take out as much of their weapon capability as possible within a set timeframe .

It’s ridiculous to suggest Israel are just throwing missiles at Gaza of course they are not they are doing all they can to target Hamas .

If they weren’t the Palestinian death rate would be in the tens of thousands in such a crowded area over a 2 week period not 200 ! Israeli airforce is more powerful than the UK’s .

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Rocket numbers are not the big issue , it’s the intent . Hamas have launched approx 3,500 rockets at Israel . Somewhere between 150-200 have misfired and landed within the Gaza Strip , killing an unknown number of people .

Israel’s Iron Dome system has shot down approx 85-90% of the rockets launched into Israel .

The argument that because the Palestinian casualties are higher , Israel is being too heavy handed is ludicrous. Hamas has since the last war increased its Rocket capability and they can know reach the major city of Tel Aviv . That is completely unacceptable to Israel as it would be to any other country . The response is to hit Hamas hard and take out as much of their weapon capability as possible within a set timeframe .

It’s ridiculous to suggest Israel are just throwing missiles at Gaza of course they are not they are doing all they can to target Hamas .

If they weren’t the Palestinian death rate would be in the tens of thousands in such a crowded area over a 2 week period not 200 ! Israeli airforce is more powerful than the UK’s .

edit: never mind, its not worth it

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here