[Football] Oh Tomer.........

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stumpy Tim

Of course when you say "neighbours" you mean people stealing your land ? If Israel really wanted to live in peace why is it continuing with forced evictions and not signing up to a two state solution ?

The current Israeli government are an issue. Don't forget though that Israel were prepared to offer a very good deal for the Palestinians when Clinton was President, and Yasser Arafat walked away. It's all detailed in Clinton's memoirs. What a missed opportunity that was.

And then there was the solution that was all set to go ahead, until Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated by a fanatical Jewish guy.

There's the rub. Extremists on both sides are ruining the chance for peace, and the people on both sides are the ones suffering.

There is no right and wrong side here. It isn't that simple

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
We need to keep politics out of sport..
5e093e139039d264f5d0c148b6e8aa50.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Does anyone know, through knowledge, without Google cheating, if Tomer is the the direct version of Thomas?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The current Israeli government are an issue. Don't forget though that Israel were prepared to offer a very good deal for the Palestinians when Clinton was President, and Yasser Arafat walked away. It's all detailed in Clinton's memoirs. What a missed opportunity that was.

And then there was the solution that was all set to go ahead, until Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated by a fanatical Jewish guy.

There's the rub. Extremists on both sides are ruining the chance for peace, and the people on both sides are the ones suffering.

There is no right and wrong side here. It isn't that simple

I agree neither side have the right type of leadership currently to deal with this issue . I would like to point out that none of these issues would have started had the likes of Jordan , Egypt and Syria simply accepted the UN mandated new state of Israel which drew almost unanimous support at the UN . Attacking Israel from the start of its inception was the root cause of all these problems . And yes Israel had every right to fight back and fight hard - thank God it did .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] 's post draws a line under this as it appears Tomer didn't do it in response to recent events. You could argue that he might have been best advised to celebrate in a different way for the time being but no doubt he would've got stick for that too.

Whereas well known 'Palestinian', Hamza Choudhury, at Leicester has been exonerated after waving a Palestinian flag after the FA cup final, because waving a flag is fine, apparently.

My view? Wave your own nations flag by all means (no problem with Tomer). Wave someone else's flag, it is political and should result in punishment.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That’s your justification for war crimes? ??? Some half arsed nonsense about “starting” a war with Israel?

It wasn't a justification for war crimes. Where did THPP say he was in favour of war crimes?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It wasn't a justification for war crimes. Where did THPP say he was in favour of war crimes?

Certainly seemed like an attempt to justify the illegal acts of Israeli government, acts that have been classified as a war crime by the UN, to me :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Whereas well known 'Palestinian', Hamza Choudhury, at Leicester has been exonerated after waving a Palestinian flag after the FA cup final, because waving a flag is fine, apparently.

My view? Wave your own nations flag by all means (no problem with Tomer). Wave someone else's flag, it is political and should result in punishment.

Like taking the knee then..?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
So once again anyone who dares to criticise Israel is accused of anti-Semitism!

Israel is NOT beyond reproach and shouldn’t be allowed carte blance to do whatever they wish with no risk of criticism.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The truth is that when you visit these places the vast majority of people are absolutely sick of it. I've been to Israel numerous times, and the vast majority aren't really religious and are desperate for all this to end. The problem is that the people interested in power tend to be zealots one way or the other... so you have extremist right-wingers leading Israel and HAMAS in Palestine. The losers are the people - in both Israel and Palestine. The Palestinians obviously have it worse, but if you were an Israeli and literally having thousands of rockets shot at you how would you feel?

The government of Israel have let the Israeli people down, and HAMAS does nothing but long-term harm to the Palestinians. It's very sad

I agree with you.

If there were a simple solution to this it would have been implemented long ago. And, yes, I too have been out there a couple of times.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For those that are interested - and don't already know all the answers.

Last night John Oliver did a piece on this, coming down really hard on Israel and then the US for allowing their war crimes.
I don't imagine that played too well across the pond.

Dunno if this is going to play here:-

[tweet]1394163727444938755[/tweet]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Like taking the knee then..?

Taking the knee is not political. Being opposed to racism is not political. Waving your own national flag is not political.

Being opposed to one nation and showing support for its enemy, when neither nations are your own, is political.

I would have hoped that you might understand that :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Israel is NOT beyond reproach and shouldn’t be allowed carte blance to do whatever they wish with no risk of criticism.

I agree.

But if this is directly linked to Tomer's celebration I apologised for not having seen the linking.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

It's strange, because if you were to criticise say the UK ( apparently a mainly Christian country ) you're not accused of being anti-Christian. Yet dare to criticise Israel and you're an "anti-Seminite" - it would help if people like [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION] actually had the intelligence to determine the difference between being anti-Jewish and anti-Israel state - and I've picked on you [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION] because you never responded to my last post about it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Taking the knee is not political. Being opposed to racism is not political. Waving your own national flag is not political.

Being opposed to one nation and showing support for its enemy, when neither nations are your own, is political.

I would have hoped that you might understand that :shrug:

According to you, that is. I'm fairly sure lots and lots of people, such as me, would disagree. Not saying all of it is political in a positive or negative sense, but I definitely consider it political.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
International flags have no place at domestic fixtures.

I always wince when I see fans unfurl flags - particularly those as divisive as the Israeli and Palestinian ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports