Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh the Irony.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Given some comments by Oscar prior to his leaving tel aviv which related to feeling he had gone as far as he can and needing to look at his future, we would be kidding ourselves if we thought he isn't ambitious and won't, at some point, want to move on..

I haven't seen anything like that, in fact quite the contrary:

The speculation regarding his departure intensified after he told his squad that he may not be back next season following the final match of the season against Bnei Yehuda on Monday.

”Some circumstances in life transcend professional matters and I have been forced to suddenly take this decision,” Oscar wrote in a farewell letter published on the club’s official website. “This is probably the best time to step down without delaying the preparations for next season with regard to decisions on players and coaching staff.”

The pressure put on Oscar by his family to return to Spain is believed to be the reason behind his decision. He insisted that he does not know if he will be coaching any team next season and apologized for leaving.

”I can assure all of you that my original intention was not to leave Maccabi, especially after winning the title and building a team of which I have the highest expectations in the weeks and months to come,” wrote Oscar. “I am absolutely certain that Maccabi Tel Aviv will qualify for the Champions League group stage and will retain the league title next season. I am very proud to have started this project and hope the team and the club will continue to follow its successful path.”

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
:lolol:I'm really hoping he's not someone putting on an act and he REALLY is THIS stupid.

The world needs the occassional loon.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I haven't seen anything like that, in fact quite the contrary:

The speculation regarding his departure intensified after he told his squad that he may not be back next season following the final match of the season against Bnei Yehuda on Monday.

”Some circumstances in life transcend professional matters and I have been forced to suddenly take this decision,” Oscar wrote in a farewell letter published on the club’s official website. “This is probably the best time to step down without delaying the preparations for next season with regard to decisions on players and coaching staff.”

The pressure put on Oscar by his family to return to Spain is believed to be the reason behind his decision. He insisted that he does not know if he will be coaching any team next season and apologized for leaving.

”I can assure all of you that my original intention was not to leave Maccabi, especially after winning the title and building a team of which I have the highest expectations in the weeks and months to come,” wrote Oscar. “I am absolutely certain that Maccabi Tel Aviv will qualify for the Champions League group stage and will retain the league title next season. I am very proud to have started this project and hope the team and the club will continue to follow its successful path.”

The bold bit is patently untrue if he becomes our manager officially.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
You weren't right about Poyet, you were just a serial moaner, even during our 9 match unbeaten run that saw us finish 4th.

Eventually after 3 years+ it goes wrong and you're proclaiming yourself as some sort of sole voice of truth? You look more like a broken clock to me - even that gets it right once a day.

Abso-bloody-exactly

I said a while ago, that inevitably, he'd be able to crow 'I was right all along' because that's what happens in football, unless your Fergie. In fact, Kev the rev, would probably have kept up his pathetic agenda for 20 odd years and then come out with a 'I was right all along' if Gus had stayed a couple of decades and then had to go.

A very odd chap, who sulked off the board when we were storming in during the run in. Bizarre, a fan annoyed at his own teams success. And never forget he told us the exclusive news that Poyet would DEFINITELY not be here next season....

last summer.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Can I steal your thunder by telling you that a few months after he took charge my signature said "When Gus goes it will be with an almighty flounce" :smile:

' Flounce '....." ornamental wide strip gathered and sewn by the upper edge, round a womans skirt, with the lower edge hanging.
Personally...I always preferred Gus with a dark jacket and open-necked shirt but I guess it was typical of the man to go in style.
( Sorry...couldn't help myself....I know you are referring to the other meaning of flounce. )

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Given some comments by Oscar prior to his leaving tel aviv which related to feeling he had gone as far as he can and needing to look at his future, we would be kidding ourselves if we thought he isn't ambitious and won't, at some point, want to move on.

I would rather we had someone like him (or gus) than Jeff wood or Russell Slade.

We all knew Gus would be off one day, we all accepted that fact, he could have walked away from Brighton with his head held high.
He'd have loved the 'Gus Poyet's blue and white army' on his return, and the media love in through the build up.

But no Mr Ego decided he was too good, and everybody else was holding him back.
He chose to kick the club and fans when it was hurting the most.
He chose to throw his toys out and lie on TV.
He'll now chose to drag this out, just to feed his own 'brand'.

When Oscar leaves us, it won't be too difficult to do it with more class, and have with good grace.

(I'm sure the club isn't exactly snow white in all of this)

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Having sold a ticket and sat next to Kev for a game at the Amex, I can confirm that he does know his stuff and is passionate about the Albion. It's a game of opinions after alll; it just happens that his is different to most with regard to GP.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Abso-bloody-exactly

Bizarre, a fan annoyed at his own teams success.
This is what annoys me most on this board sometimes - it's not people moaning, it's people seemingly being actually delighted that things are going wrong in some way for the team if it appears to validate (no matter how tenuous the connection) something they may have posted at some point in the past.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here