Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh the Irony.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You weren't. He ended up being the SIXTH most loyal manager in the entire country, and we improved immeasurably under him. In fact overall you were very, very wrong about him.

Pmsl....yeah really loyal.The only reason he stayed as long as he did was because no one was prepared to pay his contract up....oh bollocks to it, if people still can't see through Poyet after the last week .god help us.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Pmsl....yeah really loyal.The only reason he stayed as long as he did was because no one was prepared to pay his contract up....oh bollocks to it, if people still can't see through Poyet after the last week .god help us.

There was plenty of good and bad about Poyet. It is just hard for you to admit the good. Most Brighton fans can see the bigger picture.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Isn't it great..Instead of just saying i was right about Poyet .Lets all slag me off for things I haven't even said lol...
But you weren't right about Poyet. You said he was a crap manager and didn't know what he was doing, and you were wrong. In the end he fell out with the board, so he's left, but that doesn't mean he was a shit manager. How long will it be before you turn against the new manager?
Come to think of it, no im not im working in shorts,sunglasses and answer to myself.
The first part sounds good, but the last part sounds like a nightmare.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

You're a real ray of sunshine aren't you !

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

What do you mean by 'see through him'? You don't like him because you cant understand the kind of football he plays and because he has a funny accent. You don't even know why he's been sacked, so quite how you can 'see through him', I have no idea. You droned on for years about how Poyet was going to leave, we all said that of course he would leave at some point, and that when he did you'd come on here and tell us all you were right, which you did. You weren't right.

And I'm afraid you're going to have the same problems with Oscar Garcia as well, he isn't going to get the ball up to the big lad either.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Not true though is it. Wolves and Reading were both willing to pay for his services, he turned them down

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What do you mean by 'see through him'? You don't like him because you cant understand the kind of football he plays and because he has a funny accent. You don't even know why he's been sacked, so quite how you can 'see through him', I have no idea. You droned on for years about how Poyet was going to leave, we all said that of course he would leave at some point, and that when he did you'd come on here and tell us all you were right, which you did. You weren't right.

And I'm afraid you're going to have the same problems with Oscar Garcia as well, he isn't going to get the ball up to the big lad either.

Sums it all up perfectly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Isn't it great..Instead of just saying i was right about Poyet .Lets all slag me off for things I haven't even said lol...As for the spelling etc, im working on mobby, never easy....but im sorry im not an academic like so many on here.Come to think of it, no im not im working in shorts,sunglasses and answer to myself.

Can I steal your thunder by telling you that a few months after he took charge my signature said "When Gus goes it will be with an almighty flounce" :smile:

It was always going to happen, you didn't have to be a rocket scientist to foresee

In fairness to Gus I have to say that he did on his day produce the best football that I have ever seen from an Albion team and it is with a tinge of sadness rather than a gloat that I wave him goodbye. We owe him a big debt IMO.( not 2.5 million!)

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Second time today I have agreed with icy.

Everything is reverting to normality. We have a manager. Beach hut has his groovy gang references back, and kev the rev has gone back to being a inconsequential dinosaur with the footballing appreciation of an early 1990s Cambridge united manager.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
That is something that is going to haunt Gus more than Adkins' "if they keep up with us"

Gus claiming we have "hit the roof" will really get to him when we do better than he could!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Lets be honest mate, what you know about football can be written on a fly's kneecap, so cut the preaching.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Second time today I have agreed with icy.

Everything is reverting to normality. We have a manager. Beach hut has his groovy gang references back, and kev the rev has gone back to being a inconsequential dinosaur with the footballing appreciation of an early 1990s Cambridge united manager.

That made me laugh, top posting.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That is something that is going to haunt Gus more than Adkins' "if they keep up with us"

Gus claiming we have "hit the roof" will really get to him when we do better than he could!

I believe he said he had hit the ceiling not we.

No, Bold Seagull, nobody is going to be racist like kevtherev. He has openly admitted that he didn't like Poyet because he was foreign long before the last few weeks. He never had a good word to say about Vicente either until Vicente turned on Poyet.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
So do you feel we achieved our highest League place for thirty years despite the manager? Or because of him? Sure, there were sides to Gus that may have rankled from time to time but you can't deny the club achieved a tremendous amount during his tenure. Or will it now be a fall back to 'any club with the same budget, ground, attendances could have achieved the same, should have achieved better'?

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So do you feel we achieved our highest League place for thirty years despite the manager? Or because of him? Sure, there were sides to Gus that may have rankled from time to time but you can't deny the club achieved a tremendous amount during his tenure. Or will it now be a fall back to 'an club with the same budget, ground, attendances could have achieved the same, should have achieved better'?

Don't confuse him, he's confused enough about why we haven't appointed a proper English manager this time around, like he said we would.

I'm really looking forward to Kev's first "FFS the goal is THAT WAY, why are we only playing one up front" post about Oscare. My guess is it will happen around the start of September.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Did he say we had hit the roof or did he want to talk about whether we had hit the roof?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here