Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh dear. Now I feel sorry for Sami.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
We have to find out by sacking Sammi. I wholeheartedly disagree with you. This squad should be easily good enough for mid-table.

Sami. Or have I missed some Vincente type joke somewhere?

Anyway, I agree, we simply have to at least find out. Birmingham will surely be attracting Bloom's attention.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I would have played Holla or Ince to lie deep, JFC is not a deep lying midfielder. We were so open in the first 20 minutes, yes we had chances but a poor Millwall side got behind us at will early on.

Once they scored, they showed no further desire to score. By being open early on, we totally played into the hands of a side that was looking to nick a goal and then shut up shop. Unbelievably naive.

So Holla and Ince havn't played in any defeats this season, you re advocating we play a defensive game in a home match against a similarly placed team?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So Holla and Ince havn't played in any defeats this season, you re advocating we play a defensive game in a home match against a similarly placed team?

Just one question... why exactly are you defending the indefensible?

Holla and Ince are better options than those on display.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I really don't know what game you were watching. We didn't play with endevour or enthusiasm, especially in the second half. Millwall were an awful team, to lose to them was a disgrace. The team selection was wrong. Was the central midfield yesterday supposed to be a practical joke? We knew Millwall were going to be physical so we needed at least one presence in central midfield. As soon as I saw the side he picked yesterday I knew we were in trouble.

Our squad lacks natural leaders, which is why it is more important that the manager provides clear guidance. The talent is there but too many players are not being used properly and look like they don't believe in/ don't know the plan.

Two missed chances by Bent, March missed a sitter, we should have won easily, are these misses down to Sami. Its very easy to use Sami as a whipping post, but players failings were exposed last night. We don't have the quality my friend, face up to it, you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Nope, I'm saying that given that we lacked confidence, it was essential that we didn't concede first. Our team selection gave a team not looking to get forward too much a sniff. We still would have created with a natural holding man as we were the better side, importantly we likely wouldn't have given them a chance.

I'm not saying this after the event, I said it as soon as I saw the teamsheet. Last night was always going to be a battle.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Two missed chances by Bent, March missed a sitter, we should have won easily, are these misses down to Sami. Its very easy to use Sami as a whipping post, but players failings were exposed last night. We don't have the quality my friend, face up to it, you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear!

Don't be silly. Man for man we were the far superior side.

Higham Seagull Army

May 5, 2008
northants
Watching clubs like Bournemouth and Brentford smashing it every week, scoring for fun, just makes it worse , smaller clubs with smaller funds, facilities, investments,and fans making the league look easy at times .
They are teams, which is the difference, Hypia has failed to generate a team under his stewardship.

Billy Davies for Xmas please Santa ....

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Id feel more sorry for him if he doesn't get the sack, because he got a lot of abuse yesterday and there will be even more the longer he stays.
but then again, he could do the right thing and walk. Hes got enough money in the bank so more fool him.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Just one question... why exactly are you defending the indefensible?

Holla and Ince are better options than those on display.

That is a subjective statement, Holla has been poor of late, looks to be overweight, is slow, doesn't get back and has scored how many goals to date? Regarding Ince he can be great and he can be anonymous, clearly no one is commanding a place in the midfield, other than Gardner who is there by default of his loan deal. Holla our saviour, you're having a laugh.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Clearly not a superior side man for man as Gregory managed to score and Bent and March didn't, that's a ridiculous statement.

It's not. Your being overly simplistic in order to further a devils advocate argument.

If the best team always wins as you are making out, then it would appear that there is no point in actually having a manager. If that's the case, we may as well get rid of Hyypia anyway.

At no point am I going to try and argue that he has been given a squad as strong as we would all like but our league position is in no way indicative of the strength of our squad. He has been outmanaged on numerous occasions this season and Friday was another one. Were you happy with the team he played Derby out of interest?

Hyypia was unlucky in my eyes, up to and including the Cardiff game. Since then our performances have got progressively worse.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
It's not. Your being overly simplistic in order to further a devils advocate argument.

If the best team always wins as you are making out, then it would appear that there is no point in actually having a manager. If that's the case, we may as well get rid of Hyypia anyway.

At no point am I going to try and argue that he has been given a squad as strong as we would all like but our league position is in no way indicative of the strength of our squad. He has been outmanaged on numerous occasions this season and Friday was another one. Were you happy with the team he played Derby out of interest?

Hyypia was unlucky in my eyes, up to and including the Cardiff game. Since then our performances have got progressively worse.

I have questioned many team selections both from Sami and Garcia, but I look at the alternatives afforded him and they are few. The fact that we don't have a settled first team is due to factors including injuries, limits on loan players and probably that no one player is commanding his position, thus with all being so mediocre its not easy to decide who is better for this or that match. Its over simplistic to hammer the manager, that's easy, but those who make mistakes in goal or miss golden opportunities should not be exonerated, with better quality we would not be where we are now.

My observation of your man for man phrase was an absolute and cannot be disputed, Gregory scored our strikers didn't, therefore by definition he was better at his job.

The best team on paper, or by possession, or skill, or commitment, territory

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I have questioned many team selections both from Sami and Garcia, but I look at the alternatives afforded him and they are few. The fact that we don't have a settled first team is due to factors including injuries, limits on loan players and probably that no one player is commanding his position, thus with all being so mediocre its not easy to decide who is better for this or that match. Its over simplistic to hammer the manager, that's easy, but those who make mistakes in goal or miss golden opportunities should not be exonerated, with better quality we would not be where we are now.

My observation of your man for man phrase was an absolute and cannot be disputed, Gregory scored our strikers didn't, therefore by definition he was better at his job.

The best team on paper, or by possession, or skill, or commitment, territory

Misunderstanding then. The man for man was not an 'on the night' observation but an assessment of the relative players overall career, potential etc... I appreciate that is impossible to prove but if pre match you lined the teams up against each other, you wouldn't have taken many of the Milwall options against their Brighton counterparts.

Also, there are plenty of options in this squad, it just appears that they've all gone backwards under Hyypia. I can't think of one player that has improved over the last 6 months, perhaps Dunk but he was already looking very good at the end of last season when he played. I'd argue the "lack of options" is as much, if not more to do with the manager/coaching as it is to do with the recruitment. This wasn't the case last year, I felt a lot of players developed under OG.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
I'm not sure he has the linguistic mastery needed - here's what's needed......especial with Greer.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Misunderstanding then. The man for man was not an 'on the night' observation but an assessment of the relative players overall career, potential etc... I appreciate that is impossible to prove but if pre match you lined the teams up against each other, you wouldn't have taken many of the Milwall options against their Brighton counterparts.

Also, there are plenty of options in this squad, it just appears that they've all gone backwards under Hyypia. I can't think of one player that has improved over the last 6 months, perhaps Dunk but he was already looking very good at the end of last season when he played. I'd argue the "lack of options" is as much, if not more to do with the manager/coaching as it is to do with the recruitment. This wasn't the case last year, I felt a lot of players developed under OG.

That makes much more sense to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here