Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oh Alexis...

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Can Moder play in the no 10 role? I know Pothead played him wide and he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo let alone score but could he do a job?
What about the polish lad playing in Holland? Good enough to play in the Euros but yet to kick a ball for us?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mac would be more effective playing alongside Caicedo imo, but Lallana’s injury has meant he’s been needed further forward. Looks to me like Ayari is being readied for that role……if Mac stays he drops back to partner Caicedo, if he doesn’t we cope fine with Groß and probably some as yet undiscovered sensation/Moder/Gilmour etc.

His old man should still keep his gob shut though rather than leaking stuff to that twat Romano (directly or indirectly). Ale Mac has been nothing but class throughout his time here, on and off the pitch - the old man is letting him down.

Last edited:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
He's very replaceable as great as he is. Mitoma and Moises on the other hand feel almost impossible to replace. Arguably the best winger and best DM in the World right now.
Mitoma doesn’t even get in the top 10 best wingers in the world.

1. Mbappe
2. Rashford
3. Vinicius junior
4. Martinelli
5. Saka
6. Kvaratskhelia
7. Salah
8. Szobozslai
9. Nkunku
10. Rodrygo

Probably around 11-12th best.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Woke up thinking about this 😂

The thing is, I don’t really understand why he would go to any of those clubs. Obviously there are financial benefits but I thought the Mac Allister’s would be more about the football. He’s clearly on a decent wage here already and we’d probably happily increase that in the summer if he did stay.

Of our group of players who keep being linked with these moves, he’s the one I and I’d imagine most of us would be happiest to go. Not just because he’s a great lad who has done well for us, but also because he’s the easiest to replace.

If he does go to one of those three, I fully expect him to be a regular bench warmer for them next year, being criticised and everyone in football to be congratulating Brighton on doing it again with £75 million in the bank.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why does his father keep coming out with this talk of him leaving? I know he probably wants his cut of the fee as the agent but what possible benefit is there in him repeating what he has said before? It’s pretty unprofessional and I doubt it will have any effect on whether Alexis goes or not. It makes the father look like a tinpot agent who has no respect for his own son, who has said how much he loves it here and how happy he is. Can’t see the club standing in his way if the right offer comes in and he wants to leave, but I imagine the club are even less impressed with the gobby father than I am. It’s a strange one.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
If he had to move to another Premier League club I’d have thought City would make by far the most sense, as a Gundogan replacement. Which we’ve already heard mooted.

Ideally it’d be a Real Madrid or Barcelona as his next club but I feel like part of our “pathway” that attracts players in the first place is probably keeping them (and their families) on the PL gravy train. Which is possibly why it’s always the same few clubs linked with our players, regardless of where they actually are in the league.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Why does his father keep coming out with this talk of him leaving? I know he probably wants his cut of the fee as the agent but what possible benefit is there in him repeating what he has said before? It’s pretty unprofessional and I doubt it will have any effect on whether Alexis goes or not. It makes the father look like a tinpot agent who has no respect for his own son, who has said how much he loves it here and how happy he is. Can’t see the club standing in his way if the right offer comes in and he wants to leave, but I imagine the club are even less impressed with the gobby father than I am. It’s a strange one.
Spot on. I think Dad is wallowing in his Son’s limelight and feels he needs to make important statements that are, in all likelihood, groundless.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
It's probably best to sell him at his peak. An underwhelming season with us next year might knock 20m off his value. I also think he's earnt the oppertunity to join one of the big boys.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It's probably best to sell him at his peak. An underwhelming season with us next year might knock 20m off his value. I also think he's earned the opportunity to join one of the big boys.
You are right.

That’s how our club works.

We have a number of players competing for his place. He is peak value. And will have contributed to our best two seasons (finishes) in our history. We need money to buy future generations for £6m a pop. Selling Mac would fund an ‘11’, that’s the way we do things.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Think maybe Daddy is looking at the changes introduced for agents & for what ever reason can't or won't get a license so wants his last chance for a big payday. New regs introduced this January but period of grace till October so one last chance in the summer.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
If Liverpool do sign Mac and play him further forward like Argentina did in the World Cup, I think he would do great there.

Although Liverpool have apparently pulled their interest in Bellingham as they don't want to spend £100mill or more and get into a bidding war with other clubs.

So how much do we want for Mac?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Woke up thinking about this 😂

The thing is, I don’t really understand why he would go to any of those clubs. Obviously there are financial benefits but I thought the Mac Allister’s would be more about the football. He’s clearly on a decent wage here already and we’d probably happily increase that in the summer if he did stay.

Of our group of players who keep being linked with these moves, he’s the one I and I’d imagine most of us would be happiest to go. Not just because he’s a great lad who has done well for us, but also because he’s the easiest to replace.

If he does go to one of those three, I fully expect him to be a regular bench warmer for them next year, being criticised and everyone in football to be congratulating Brighton on doing it again with £75 million in the bank.
I suppose it comes down to personal ambition.

Mac has just won the World Cup. What would you do? Thank you lucky stars and decide that you've reached your peak and stay at Brighton where his and the clubs progression may go in the right direction? Or would you aim for the biggest of clubs in world football who regularly play in the biggest of matches trusting your own potential and the faith that you are good enough to compete with the very best around.

Personal ambition and huge amounts of money!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Mitoma doesn’t even get in the top 10 best wingers in the world.

1. Mbappe
2. Rashford
3. Vinicius junior
4. Martinelli
5. Saka
6. Kvaratskhelia
7. Salah
8. Szobozslai
9. Nkunku
10. Rodrygo

Probably around 11-12th best.
This would suggest otherwise -

Ahead of Vinicius junior, Martinelli, Saka, Kvaratskhelia and Rodrygo, it would appear.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If Liverpool do sign Mac and play him further forward like Argentina did in the World Cup, I think he would do great there.

Although Liverpool have apparently pulled their interest in Bellingham as they don't want to spend £100mill or more and get into a bidding war with other clubs.

So how much do we want for Mac?
I’d take £65m.

Might be a bit low for some though but look at what we took for Tross when he was ready to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here