Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oh Alexis...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was thinking exactly the same. Either @dwayne has matured and become sensible or I am now so old that I've lost it completely :lolol:

Sarmiento, Enciso or Moder will replace him :thumbsup:
Mate, Dwayne is irreplaceable.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
I don’t really see a clear replacement for Alexis role in the squad unless Gilmour rapidly improves. Sarmiento seems to be more a wide player and Enciso far too attacking. Suspect we may actually buy in a player with more experience but still good value.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I don’t really see a clear replacement for Alexis role in the squad unless Gilmour rapidly improves. Sarmiento seems to be more a wide player and Enciso far too attacking. Suspect we may actually buy in a player with more experience but still good value.
The role maccer currently plays , lallana plays even better. Shame he's not fit all the time.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
The role maccer currently plays , lallana plays even better. Shame he's not fit all the time.
That’s true. I totally forgot about Adam. 😂 Actually be really interesting to see if Alzates face fit’s during the summer too. Feel RDZ could have a Solly like impact with him.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A lot is going to rest on the next 7 weeks of our season I feel.

A bit like all the rumours that circulated around Declan Rice, 2 European seasons in a row kept him West Ham.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Fabrizio Romano showing his understanding of how we work.

"Brighton will soon decide the asking price for the midfielder, who played an important part in Argentina’s World Cup win last year."
We already know - but we’ll never tell anyone 👍

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
As much as I love the guy, if we continue to play him in the number 10 role we are at the moment, he won’t be a huge miss for us as a team. I just don’t think he’s elite level there. In the deeper holding role he is outstanding though and with Caicedo in the double pivot, there aren’t many better midfields in the world. I wish we’d go back to that.

Anyway, if he does go which is looking likely, I’d love us to take a punt on Houssem Aouar of Lyon. Available on a free this summer and linked with Roma, Betis and Eintracht. Lovely player who hasn’t kicked on as everyone thought he would a couple of years ago. RDZ could work wonders for him.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He's very replaceable as great as he is. Mitoma and Moises on the other hand feel almost impossible to replace. Arguably the best winger and best DM in the World right now.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Cost Welbz a goal on Saturday...

Get rid :moo:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We have Moder, Ayari, Buenanotte, Moran, Sarmiento, Gilmour, and Alzate that will all be looking to get into the starting 11, and no doubt some interest in another young and promising midfielder somewhere.
Exactly this, (big) BUT the holder of the No.10 position will be Lallana. I expect our front players & midfield to look like this for the beginning of next season:

————————Ferguson———————
Mitoma—————Lallana———-—-March
———Caicedo—————-Groß—————

The young players you mention can then compete for the bench or perhaps hitting top form and replacing one of the above. Plenty of options.

However, if Caicedo or Mitoma leaves, it would be more problematic.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think Alexis may well be going to have words with his old man. It’s his life not his Fathers.
His dad certainly isn't keeping quiet ............

........ the rumours keep coming!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Exactly this, (big) BUT the holder of the No.10 position will be Lallana. I expect our front players & midfield to look like this for the beginning of next season:

————————Ferguson———————
Mitoma—————Lallana———-—-March
———Caicedo—————-Groß—————

The young players you mention can then compete for the bench or perhaps hitting top form and replacing one of the above. Plenty of options.

However, if Caicedo or Mitoma leaves, it would be more problematic.
There's not a lot to disagree with there. However Lallana cannot be relied on for most matches in terms of his injury record.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here