Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oh Alexis...

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
The new agent rules which are tough could lead to family members who act as agents pushing for a move before they are introduced on the 9th of January

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I’d be really surprised if we let both go. I think similar to Bissouma that Ali Mac has now ‘done his shift’ and will rightfully move on. But I expect that the club will be wanting a further year from Caiceido, and I expect this has been communicated to him.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Fabrizio Romano showing his understanding of how we work.

"Brighton will soon decide the asking price for the midfielder, who played an important part in Argentina’s World Cup win last year."

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'm always fascinated by the difference in what Mac Allister himself says (loves it here, isn't in a rush to move, enjoys the environment etc) and his dad (He's already gone and we've agreed deals with 8 clubs etc).

Family members seem to make rubbish agents.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
his dad had been well courted by clubs, he’s been in the U.K. quite a lot recently (although given his break up maybe not unsurprising) - but he was in the Liverpool directors box for a champions league game this season for example

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
As others have said good time to let him go. Hyped up to the max, dare I say overrated and hasn't been on top form since he's been back. Definitely not player of the season as others have suggested.

I have my theory that gets shot down continually that the guy won't be a superstar at his next club ! And we will find a better replacement.

(Don't get me wrong though, amazing pro, all round nice guy, and always gives 110%)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If he goes, he goes. Great guy and a very good player who has earned a move if he wants it. He is the most replaceable out of our three 'most-coveted' players IMO. Can see him ending up at Liverpool for £65-70m with add-ons, and he'd be perfect for them.

His dad is becoming pretty irritating though with his whole 'playing agent' thing and whoring him out in the media. Why even talk to the media about it if every club in Europe is supposedly battling to sign him and giving him the red carpet treatment? Pretty disrespectful to the club to stir up this speculation every few weeks when we have a cup semi and a battle for European qualification round the corner.

Seems a common theme for South American players to have total knobs with zero discretion for agents.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Agree with those saying ....

Hugely preferable if Alexis goes to a foreign side
He's likely to leave in a honourable way judging from what we've seen of him
If we are selling him, this year is better as we'll pick up the "world cup winner in the last few months" premium
The replacement is already at the club. I think people have forgotten about Moder, similar position, similar skillset to Alexis, Buenanotte in my view not ready to play at that level at his young age.
There is a glimmer, but no more, that the father isn't accurately representing the views of the son

Disagree with the comments on the transfer fee. I don't think we're getting £80m. As ever, will someone pay what Tony thinks he is worth, is the real question. There are a very small number of clubs with the money to spend that is being talked about here.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Prob at his max value right now. Next club that has him will have a player in their prime years. With Liverpool dropping out of the Bellingham race and realising the prob need 3/4 midfielders wouldn’t be surprised him being courted by them. Will most likely be another club record fee

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As others have said good time to let him go. Hyped up to the max, dare I say overrated and hasn't been on top form since he's been back. Definitely not player of the season as others have suggested.

I have my theory that gets shot down continually that the guy won't be a superstar at his next club ! And we will find a better replacement.

(Don't get me wrong though, amazing pro, all round nice guy, and always gives 110%)
Another of your posts with which I strongly agree. What's happened?

:wink:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

If we are selling him, this year is better as we'll pick up the "world cup winner in the last few months" premium
The replacement is already at the club. I think people have forgotten about Moder, similar position, similar skillset to Alexis, Buenanotte in my view not ready to play at that level at his young age.
There is a glimmer, but no more, that the father isn't accurately representing the views of the son

Disagree with the comments on the transfer fee. I don't think we're getting £80m. As ever, will someone pay what Tony thinks he is worth, is the real question. There are a very small number of clubs with the money to spend that is being talked about here.
My thoughts as well. Moder was just starting to get in his stride before his injury.

I think there is a lot more to come from him.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If he goes, he goes. Great guy and a very good player who has earned a move if he wants it. He is the most replaceable out of our three 'most-coveted' players IMO. Can see him ending up at Liverpool for £65-70m with add-ons, and he'd be perfect for them.

His dad is becoming pretty irritating though with his whole 'playing agent' thing and whoring him out in the media. Why even talk to the media about it if every club in Europe is supposedly battling to sign him and giving him the red carpet treatment? Pretty disrespectful to the club to stir up this speculation every few weeks when we have a cup semi and a battle for European qualification round the corner.

Seems a common theme for South American players to have total knobs with zero discretion for agents.
It seemed to me he was answering a question about Alexis signing for Boca, in the quotes I have read elsewhere.
He just said he is likely to move, but not back to Argentina yet, he is just starting his European career, but will likely return to Argentina before retiring and Boca would be the club he would like to play for, when the time comes to go home. It isn't really news that his Dad is talking to other clubs about him potentially signing, and it serves us quite well if he is talking to multiple clubs, it should ensure a large transfer fee and no messing about starting at £40M.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

We have Moder, Ayari, Buenanotte, Moran, Sarmiento, Gilmour, and Alzate that will all be looking to get into the starting 11, and no doubt some interest in another young and promising midfielder somewhere.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It makes me wonder if we had just trudged along as we were, no selling of the ground, no fight for a right to exist we would still be trudging along in the 1st and 2nd divisions.

Tony would have still made his money, he'd still be a fan, he'd still have wanted to take over the club, he'd still be a genius at running it, so I think we'd be doing great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here