[Albion] Oh Alexis...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Last few league games plus the cup like to hugely influence the outcome……..completely agree 5/6 in the running atm, with cases able to be made for even more. On my list Caicedo, Ali Mac, Groß, Dunk, March, Veltman, Mitoma…….but a load of Fergie goals now for example could easily swing it. Shows how strong the team/squad ethic is that there are so many up there. Remarkable stuff.
Pervis has been so important for us too. Unbelievable when the majority of the starting lineup can be in with a shout for POTS.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
The club have exploited the benefit of having a World Cup winner in the squad to the full.

Alexis inspires everything and everyone he touches at the club.

In terms of his maturity and stature, he is up there with Welbz, Lallana, Groß, Dunk, Steele, Solly, Veltman and Webbo. How many thousands of young, talented and ambitious South Americans want to join our fantastic club because of his success? What a guy.

Making those kids actually touch is World Cup winners medal outside the training ground sums him up!
I wouldn’t say we’ve exploited anything. I bet the club and Alexis have worked really closely together to build the model of how players are introduced to the club. He’s that kind of man. He’s a wonderful, brilliant, humble man and an even better player.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Still gets me that we have a WORLD CUP WINNER playing for us in the prime of his career and he's not beating the door down to leave and cash in on it.

Phenomenal.
It makes me wonder if we had just trudged along as we were, no selling of the ground, no fight for a right to exist we would still be trudging along in the 1st and 2nd divisions. The need for a complete rebuild and the opportunities that afforded are what has led to this. I will be forever grateful to those of you who stood up and saved the club when all I could do was sit and watch the train wreck from here, not just Dick Knight and TB.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Carlos Mac Allister, Ale’s father and agent;

“‘Normally the next transfer window will find him playing for another institution’, Carlos Mac Allister told Bolavip.

‘We don’t know which one, we are just starting talks in general, but it is most likely that Alexis will be playing for another team next July.’”

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Carlos Mac Allister, Ale’s father and agent;

“‘Normally the next transfer window will find him playing for another institution’, Carlos Mac Allister told Bolavip.

‘We don’t know which one, we are just starting talks in general, but it is most likely that Alexis will be playing for another team next July.’”

I'm taking that as not a translation thing but July 2024.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Imagine what we could do keeping everyone and sprinkling a bit more gold dust into the team. Would be serious top 4 contenders from the go.

Shame we wont see it

Mac + Caceido will be off in the summer

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Imagine what we could do keeping everyone and sprinkling a bit more gold dust into the team. Would be serious top 4 contenders from the go.

Shame we wont see it

Would be surprised if we allowed both to go

I’d guess Mac this year and the new deal for Caicedo comes with staying for at least 12 more months

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It'll be gutting to see Ally Mac go. I think he might be my favourite of this current team and one of my all time favourites.

I hope he goes to Barca or Real Madrid and becomes a cornerstone of their team. I don't want to watch him playing for another club in England. It's bad enough with my Arsenal mates telling me how good Trossard is, as if I didn't already know. I don't think I could bare that if Alexis moved to Liverpool or Man utd.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm taking that as not a translation thing but July 2024.
No chance. He means this year.

I'm fine with that. The replacements for Bissouma and Cucurella have worked out pretty well, so I trust the club to get it right again with the 'next' Ali Mac...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Shame we wont see it

This.

Imagine where we'd be(apart from facing possible bankruptcy...) if we'd kept White, Bissouma and Trossard. I think with those players under De Zerbi we'd be nailed on top 4. :tantrum:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If he does leave, and I suspect he will, I just want it to be amicable and him not to be a dick about it. Don't pull any Cucurella / Trossard / Caicedo type stunts, if he must go then hopefully it's all pleasant in the Bissouma / White mould.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports