Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O'Grady To Forest?

No. 25

Aug 25, 2012
His chest down for Solly at Fulham away last season, possibly helped us turn our season around for a short while.
He was never going to be the replacement for Ulloa and it just seems like Burke was actually taking the piss with his signings last season. However it may have been very different for him if he had stuck away his chance against Sheff Wed in the opening game. Things never got going for him or us.

I hope he does well at Forset and I will be following his progress with interest. Anyone know what the Forset fans think?

That was probably my favourite passage of play during the entire season.

Thinking about it, it could have actually been the only passage of play I enjoyed

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
And his hold up play against Blackburn away. We'd have been under a constant barrage in the second half and probably lost that game if we'd had a lightweight like CMS up front. COG's hold up that day made it far easier to defend the 1 goal lead (from an own goal that he created).

I'd go as far as to say that we could have been in the bottom 3 if he'd been sold or loaned and wasn't in our squad for the second half of the season.

We were a far worse team when Best was picked ahead of him.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Decent guy who did what he could, but deserves a chance elsewhere. Maybe their system will suit him better, or he'll get his goalscoring mojo back. Strong target man with good holdup skills, but not a finisher. Thanks COG - we'll miss you and your song. Possibly your song a bit more though :lolol:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
And his hold up play against Blackburn away. We'd have been under a constant barrage in the second half and probably lost that game if we'd had a lightweight like CMS up front. COG's hold up that day made it far easier to defend the 1 goal lead (from an own goal that he created).

I'd go as far as to say that we could have been in the bottom 3 if he'd been sold or loaned and wasn't in our squad for the second half of the season.

I think that sums it up quite well. He's a good option to come on when we're ahead and need to hold up the ball. It works well and he's done okay when coming on in league games. The issue is he's not going to change a game if we're a goal behind and has never looked like scoring enough goals to justify starting regularly.

I've no issue with O'Grady as he's always given his best and was definitely a better option than CMS and Best last season. However, we're now a better team and hopefully will have more options. Having said that, I'm still surprised that O'Grady is going if we're not going to bring in another forward option.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I think that sums it up quite well. He's a good option to come on when we're ahead and need to hold up the ball. It works well and he's done okay when coming on in league games. The issue is he's not going to change a game if we're a goal behind and has never looked like scoring enough goals to justify starting regularly.

I've no issue with O'Grady as he's always given his best and was definitely a better option than CMS and Best last season. However, we're now a better team and hopefully will have more options. Having said that, I'm still surprised that O'Grady is going if we're not going to bring in another forward option.

Yes, couldn't agree more with both paras, though many years ago, who would have thought we were saying that about CMS. If he is going and Colunga is unlikely to be playing, then one assumes that the Albion have something up their sleeve. Hemed and Baldock will not always be able to play -injuries/suspensions etc. Elvis is of course an option, so we hear, but nonetheless a bit of a gamble.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Shame it hasn't worked out, but good to get a portion of him off the wage bill.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
This needs to get done sooner rather than later if we have a replacement lined up...

Apparently, this deal is on becuase we got Elvis in, not becuase we have a replacement lined up.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Apparently, this deal is on becuase we got Elvis in, not becuase we have a replacement lined up.

Yeah, can't see the need for another striker on the books: we have Hemed, Baldock, Zamora, Colunga, Manu and Hambo. There may be a three-month load until we can get that Celery fella in, (and Jones for the DS possibly) but can't see TB pushing the boat out for a big name

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here