Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O'Grady. Sorry folks. Fat fingers.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Well I thought Best did better than previously. Slightly encouraged to see him having a go at some other players - hopefully about what sort of ball he wanted rather than who was in charge of the dressing room iPod.

CMS coming on seemed a sensible idea at 3-1 if you were figuring they would push up more leaving plenty of space for Craig to sprint into after a simple ball over the top on regaining possession. We mightily failed to execute on that but for a whole minute it felt like good proactive use of a substitution.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We were also puzzled about the non-appearance of COG today, bearing in mind we (apparently) begged him to stay.

FWIW, and hindsight is a wonderful thing (CH wasn't to know we were going to concede goals towards the end), I don't think any of the substitutions improved the team.

I would not have taken Tex off. He was on fire today. This is not always the case. Maybe he should play at home but not away?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hmm...we scored 4 goals...am i bothered about COG not playing? No not really...he'll get his chance again.
Haven't seen a thread about JFC not playing :whistle:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I thought that Best looked good and did a lot better than COG. He was winning the high balls and pulling the CB out of position to allow Tex and Baldock to exploit the space created.

:laugh: utter nonsense. Too many times when Kayal/Ince won the ball he would stand and watch rather than turn and lead the attack, his lack of movement makes him easy to mark, he was absolutely no threat to Birmingham whatsoever. For me it's speaks volume that he wasn't involved in any of the goals, especially when 3 were within 8 yards of the goal. All my opinion, of course.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
:laugh: utter nonsense. Too many times when Kayal/Ince won the ball he would stand and watch rather than turn and lead the attack, his lack of movement makes him easy to mark, he was absolutely no threat to Birmingham whatsoever. For me it's speaks volume that he wasn't involved in any of the goals, especially when 3 were within 8 yards of the goal. All my opinion, of course.

Waved his arms around a lot though

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
O'Grady played well against Fulham and Charlton, was motm v Ipswich, scored against Arsenal and gave their defenders a hard time, He has scored a couple even though he has not had much game time. Up until now Best has scored none.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
I tell you who I'd have over O'Grady and Best, and that was Donaldson for Birmingham today.

Thought he looked a real handful, and his goal today (whilst lucky) showed strikers instinct. His 11th goal of the season and a free signing at the start of the season. Missed trick?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here