Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O'Grady. Sorry folks. Fat fingers.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
it was crying out for COG. Best was awful and we have all seen what CMS can do, not much.

Seemed patently obvious that CMS was brought on for a meaningless runaround when the manager assumed the game was won at 3-1. Was his usual ineffectual self. Should have taken him off again and brought on COG.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Best? He's either unfit or just totally lazy. Either way, he should not be keeping O'Grady out of the team. What summed it up for me was, ironically, Calderon's first goal, when he laid the ball off on the left wing and then virtually stood still, presumably admiring everyone else running around. He made no attempt to get into the box. Who turns up in the box? Calderon, who never stops working and is the exact opposite of Best.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Why the hell did we bother keeping him if we're not going to play him. Best and CMS were woeful today and we were crying out for O'Grady's physical presence up front. I know we won but it was hardly comfortable.

Totally agree. Lump the ball up to CMS and Baldock rather than Chris yeah ok.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bringing on CMS was somewhat bizarre.

Shirley even if the reasoning was 'game over', CoG and Baldock playing together is preferable to Baldock playing with a loanee and a player who'll not be here next season.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I think Kayal had taken a knock, he was signalling to the bench. Agree about O' Grady, Best looks poor.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
yep CH obviously was feeling cocky at 3-1 and bought stephens on for match fitness - bad idea. kayak is far better player.
I thought Best looked ok deceptively quick and a good touch as for Kayal he was signalling the bench to come off I assume for a while before being subbed

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Maybe down to money. If best doesn't play then we pay his full wages. He's dog shit and should be sent back. O'Grady found his form at Fulham under Jones then at Brentford then gets dropped for some journeyman.

Where exactly did you get that gem about Best's wages?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I couldn't understand either of Hughton's first two substitutions today, or the original selection. Firstly, picking Best instead of CO'G. Okay, O'G isn't much more likely to score, but at least he cares. Best was showing no interest in the game as far as I could see, so was correctly taken off. Why then put on CMS when we were crying out for someone to hold the ball up. Then, to take Kayal off when we were running the midfield and replace him with a non-match fit Stephens. Sure, things are far better than under Hyypia, but Hughton's substitutions do baffle me somewhat.

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
O'Grady: Hard working, intelligent, good hold-up play, good striker of the ball
CMS : Hard working
Best :

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
No idea why. He isn't getting a game. Must be as simple as Best is CH's fav.

Then CH is a bloody idiot based on what we've seen to date.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that Best looked good and did a lot better than COG. He was winning the high balls and pulling the CB out of position to allow Tex and Baldock to exploit the space created.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Dissapointed with Best. O'Grady should have started. I have no doubt that it's Hughton wanting his own guy to start so in my book that's a negative against our manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here