You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well?

FP6QHrsX0AEXctd.jpeg

rbridd

Aug 9, 2005
I’d be furious if we’d had a goal ruled out for that… but it’s about time we got some of these dodgy decisions in our favour.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I’d be furious if we’d had a goal ruled out for that… but it’s about time we got some of these dodgy decisions in our favour.
it takes a little bit of looking but it is offside. The foot belongs to Sanchez. So far so good.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They won't have only been using that photo, though, would they? They'd have other angles giving a clearer view of Cucurella. But zooming in, it looks clear that Cucurella is to the left of Sanchez, i.e. further away from the goal line than Sanchez and Martinelli (cuc's head is showing over the left shoulder of sanchez and you can see the left side of cuc's body in the gap between dunk and Sanchez.

Screenshot 2022-04-09 at 16.03.23.png

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Thing is you can't really see where Cuccurella is, so I can't be sure either way.

What happens if the officials can't come to a conclusion?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Thing is you can't really see where Cuccurella is, so I can't be sure either way.

What happens if the officials can't come to a conclusion?

I thought that there were cameras everywhere - wouldn't they have on the other side of the pitch as well?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

That's my take.

I think he's very probably offside, but you can't absolutely determine that all ball-playing parts (foot, shoulder etc) of Cucurella's body are in front of Martinelli, because we can't see.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Clear offside, and if it had been the other way around with Brighton scoring that goal I'd go for "no way of telling, let it stand".

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Not sure I care, the we've scored a goal emotion is still far too strong.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Stream crashed, I didn't realise it was disallowed until second half

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here