Shopping at via this link helps to support NSC

[Albion] Offside or not so much?

Welcome to North Stand Chat - the biggest and best Brighton & Hove Albion fan site.

Go on - join - you know you want to! (Pssst: you'll get fewer ads too!)

Offside or not so much?

• Offside all day long

Votes: 91 82.0%
  • Not offside

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • It's impossible to tell

Votes: 17 15.3%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
All-powerful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well?

FP6QHrsX0AEXctd.jpeg

rbridd

Members
Aug 9, 2005
I’d be furious if we’d had a goal ruled out for that… but it’s about time we got some of these dodgy decisions in our favour.

Weststander

Members
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
His foot is nearer to the goal than all but Sanchez’s right boot.

Therefore offside.

But atrocious defensive play - Cucurella and Dunk in an unnecessary, unchallenged bundle for the ball. M unmarked.

Acker79

Members
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They won't have only been using that photo, though, would they? They'd have other angles giving a clearer view of Cucurella. But zooming in, it looks clear that Cucurella is to the left of Sanchez, i.e. further away from the goal line than Sanchez and Martinelli (cuc's head is showing over the left shoulder of sanchez and you can see the left side of cuc's body in the gap between dunk and Sanchez.

Screenshot 2022-04-09 at 16.03.23.png

pb21

Members
Apr 23, 2010
Thing is you can't really see where Cuccurella is, so I can't be sure either way.

What happens if the officials can't come to a conclusion?

Bodian

Members
May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Thing is you can't really see where Cuccurella is, so I can't be sure either way.

What happens if the officials can't come to a conclusion?

I thought that there were cameras everywhere - wouldn't they have on the other side of the pitch as well?

Bozza

You can change this
All-powerful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

That's my take.

I think he's very probably offside, but you can't absolutely determine that all ball-playing parts (foot, shoulder etc) of Cucurella's body are in front of Martinelli, because we can't see.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Clear offside, and if it had been the other way around with Brighton scoring that goal I'd go for "no way of telling, let it stand".

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills