Officially Going Backwards

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I think we are 95% towards being a very very good championship side, i.e good keeper, good defence and good midfield. the missing 5% is the striker to play alongside CMS. Until we get that striker and that Poyet actually plays him alongside CMS, then I'm afraid we will continue to get these results.

This is where Gus earns his corn in sorting it out. Good manager or limited manager the clock has started to tick on that one..

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Not entirely sure the OP's point is valid. We lost our 13th game last season, so if we get a draw against Blackpool we're in exactly the same place with 5 wins, 4 draws and 4 losses. After 12 games last season we'd scored 17 and let in 15, we've currently scored 15 and let in 8. One point difference at this stage of the season makes little difference...

Redbourn Seagull

Jan 20, 2010
So last night we played away against the league leaders, we didn't play well, we had a penalty saved and only lost 1 0! No great shakes is it...................... "Don't worry be happy".............. It'll come................hopefully! I have been to the majority of the games this season, yes at times it can be very frustrating (especially the short corners and free kicks), but at times it can be brilliant and great viewing. As MA would say "keep the faith", we have come along way in a short time.....onwards and upwards! I'm not going to Blackpool so no doubt we will win!

D

Deleted member 22389

Don't panic, keep positive. After 12 games last season Reading were 14 and had gone through a bad run. Their league winning form didnt kick in until early December so there are still loads of points to play for.

Appreciate we are not looking great and lacking confidence, but we know we can do it and it is up to Gus to get us performing to our ability.

A result against a top 5-10 side will give us a massive boost - need to beat a big team and hopefully this will be a catalyst...

bloody annoying but determined to keep positive...!

That's right Reading looked dead and buried at the start of last season, look where they are now. Keep positive as you say. We have quality players more than capable of getting us promotion. I bet they are as confused as we are at the moment about losing. On another night we have got the penalty and scored in the last few mins to snatch a win. By the sounds of it, we where certainly not outplayed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
lmao

What divine right to promotion do you have?:annoyed:

Unfortunately we are coming across like fans of a club who have actually achieved something and are now failing. Fans of other clubs muts be pissing themselves.

Yes we have a fantastic new stadium and big crowds but then so did Huddersfield, Reading, Derby, Swansea and a number of other clubs, did they piss the league the year afterwards?

It is incredibly frustrating, that's all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports