Officially Going Backwards

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
Last season:

First 12 games 2011/2012 = 19 points

First 12 games 2012/2013 = 18 points

Not good enough Mr Poyet.
Especially when you have pissed up so much on such little talent up front.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But creating more chances, better GD. Or is that not an improvement ?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
And will be for he next 2-games as I still can't see us scoring plus they are big teams which we seem to struggle against maybe because we show them to much respect

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
But creating more chances, better GD. Or is that not an improvement ?

Don't be flattered by the goal difference stats. 5 of the goals were score against a injury ravaged Barnsley team. We lose pretty but due to Gus's lack of a plan B we will never win ugly

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Don't panic, keep positive. After 12 games last season Reading were 14 and had gone through a bad run. Their league winning form didnt kick in until early December so there are still loads of points to play for.

Appreciate we are not looking great and lacking confidence, but we know we can do it and it is up to Gus to get us performing to our ability.

A result against a top 5-10 side will give us a massive boost - need to beat a big team and hopefully this will be a catalyst...

bloody annoying but determined to keep positive...!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
How many of the 5 games we have won this season were against teams who have realistic promotion ambitions. (0)
How many of the 4 games we have lost this season were against teams with realistic promotion ambitions (4)

That is based on my opinion of course.

Are we really better than mid table, at the moment results don't suggest that

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
lmao

What divine right to promotion do you have?:annoyed:

I agree. People have this mentality that we should be walking the league. We're good, but not that f***ing good yet, for Christ's sake. Head out of arse time for a few people here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I agree. People have this mentality that we should be walking the league. We're good, but not that f***ing good yet, for Christ's sake. Head out of arse time for a few people here.

But we might be good if we had bought a half decent striker instead of a bus load of unused midfielders.

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009
I think it's unfair to say that we're going backwards. Gus has undoubtedly strengthened the spine of our team. Our back 5 is much stronger than last season and we have some great midfielders (when fit!). There just seems to be a lack of coherence and confidence in our attacking play at the moment. And yes we had this same problem last season to an extent, but I believe that we now have the midfielders capable of moving the ball more quickly in attack, and if we can just find that missing target man, we have the makings of a promotion-winning team.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Don't be flattered by the goal difference stats. 5 of the goals were score against a injury ravaged Barnsley team. We lose pretty but due to Gus's lack of a plan B we will never win ugly

WRONG... please see Watford away.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Just home in Bristol. Have seen three 0-1s in succession (missed Ipswich and Derby) and it is getting boring and frustrating that we have not moved on from the "few games good" "few games bad" of last season. The squad is bigger and better (the players themselves say so) yet results the same. Best defensive record in division but that's no good when you fail to score in half your games; it is 57 League games since we last overcame a goal deficit to win a game and god knows how long since we did that away from home.

I don't have a solution except hope and patience but can't someone just score, please....!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ok, I'll post this here, too.

Home
+0 - Barnsley, Same as last season
-1 - Birmingham, 1pt less than last season
+0 - Cardiff, Same as last season
-2 - Ipswich, two points less than last season
-1 - Middlesbrough, 1pt less than last season

Sheff Wed - did not play last season

Away
Burnley
+3 - Burnley, three points better than last season
-2 - Derby, two points worse
-1 - Hull, one point less
+0 - Leicester same as last season
+2 - Millwall two points better
+3 - Watford three points better than last season

0-1+0-2-1+3-2-1+0+2+3 = +1

On a direct fixture comparison, we are still one point better off than last season.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Last season:

First 12 games 2011/2012 = 19 points

First 12 games 2012/2013 = 18 points

Not good enough Mr Poyet.
Especially when you have pissed up so much on such little talent up front.

Last season the following 12 games we only picked up 13 points. Let see how many we pick up this season in the next 12 games, i think it will be more than 13.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports