Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Statement regarding Gus Poyet on Website NOW *merged*

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Gus is not in agony, and he's certainly in no hurry. He's still being paid, and he'll in all likelihood eventually walk away with a substantial payoff.

Its the club that is in agony. For the club the clock is very much ticking, and its getting louder and louder. Time is of the essence now, of which Gus will be only too well aware. This whole saga has turned into a complete catastrophe, and is now causing untold damage to our preparations for the season.

My wrong emphasis - it will prolong his agony but agree ours is worse (but only because its ours). He may be in no hurry, but he's lost the plot. Unless he comes out exonerated and smelling of roses, he'll emerge as a fire hazard in the manager market. He's blow his crack at a 'top' club for a long while. He'll have to re-establish his credentials with another CH side in my view (a poor prem side, relegation, tara). Incidentally, very very similar to my workplace scenario, with a very different strategy by me (we'll see whether GP's strategy is better than mine in the next little while . . . )

Separately, he said on TV last night there were 8 charges, he is the manager and we'll see. He looked nervous to me, with a cocky veneer. We have heard him talking pubtalk rubbish this season (about other clubs and transfer money). If his absence today was premeditated (the TV show ended very late) then he's a nasty creep, clearly in nuclear war with OUR CLUB!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If only someone had invented emails and smart phones Gus would have been able to keep in touch with his lawyers to find out what was going on while he was on holiday.....
Don't be daft, when you are under a suspension, and being threatened with all sorts of disciplinary procedure, the best thing to do is swan off on three overseas trips, not have any communication via email, smart phone, facebook, twitter etc etc,.. then come back and immerse yourself in BBC punditry, then act surprised on the first day after annual leave that the company you work for wants to discuss the previously mentioned issues........ works every time.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I think its us wanting money from Poyet to break his contract.

Otherwise why not just sack him after the Palace game, and hope he walked into a new job, which would mean we'd not have to pay much out in terms of loss of earnings, we could have appointed a new manager the next day if we wanted, and none of this cloak and daggers crap would be happening.

That is why I think the club will ending up trying to sue Poyet, as opposed to the other way round.

I don't understand your reasoning - if the club were/are confident that they can show that GP breached his contract then why not sack him and then sue for damages.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well if that's true then fine but that doesnt explain what happened today. If the LMA statement is correct then the club shouldnt have planned a meeting for today and certainly should not have published the statement this morning. If the club are right then the LMA have published a borderline slanderous statement. If however the smoking gun is there Thursday then bye-bye Gus and on we go.

I'm relying on, what, 5-week-old info from a good source close to the top of our club. Source since (rightly) closed info tap. BUT I expect Gus to be toast pretty soon after Thu IF my source is correct.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I don't understand your reasoning - if the club were/are confident that they can show that GP breached his contract then why not sack him and then sue for damages.
You still have to follow due process mate, even if you have a cast iron case.........

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm relying on, what, 5-week-old info from a good source close to the top of our club. Source since (rightly) closed info tap. BUT I expect Gus to be toast pretty soon after Thu IF my source is correct.

???

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
That's a crazy thought really, I would assume he would have kept out of it and enjoyed his holiday.

So he told his lawyers not to bother him while he was away for almost 4 weeks, it was so unimportant to him that it could wait til he got back...

His future, reputation and potentially millions of pounds are at stake here, so he switched off his phone and ipad and just lay on a beach? Sounds a bit unlikely.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
You still have to follow due process mate, even if you have a cast iron case.........

I understand that but as with any contract of employment a serious breach can justify immediate dismissal - or are you suggesting the alleged breach wasn't serious enough to justify immediate dismissal?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Believe me, I want Poyet gone more than anyone on here, and have done for over a year. I think he has major limitations as a manager, and want him gone as soon as possible. (and before anyone chrips up, it appears our club, and the other who choose new managers in the past month may agree with me, as we want shot of him, as and no other club wanted him :thumsup:)

But I don't see a problem with today, from our side or Poyets side.

I think the club had the meeting today, knowing that Poyet could not attend.

I think the club had the meeting today, knowing that Poyet HAS to attend within 5 days of the original hearing date.

So it is Friday at the latest. Had we waited for Poyet and announced the meeting for this Thursday, he could have delayed it 5 days into next week.

At the same time, I accept Poyet is entitled to take his time and understand and fully defend himself against the charges.

I don't understand how anyone on here can have a downer on the club or Gus Poyet over todays actions.

Aug 23, 2011
Don't be daft, when you are under a suspension, and being threatened with all sorts of disciplinary procedure, the best thing to do is swan off on three overseas trips, not have any communication via email, smart phone, facebook, twitter etc etc,.. then come back and immerse yourself in BBC punditry, then act surprised on the first day after annual leave that the company you work for wants to discuss the previously mentioned issues........ works every time.

Yeah of course that's exactly what he did. You would know as of course he would Cc you in on every email and I'm surprised he didn't use Facebook and twitter to contact the club

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Yeah of course that's exactly what he did. You would know as of course he would Cc you in on every email and I'm surprised he didn't use Facebook and twitter to contact the club
How could he cc me,... he blanked it all out,..... not much reception on a Barbados golf course anyway......

Aug 23, 2011
So he told his lawyers not to bother him while he was away for almost 4 weeks, it was so unimportant to him that it could wait til he got back...

His future, reputation and potentially millions of pounds are at stake here, so he switched off his phone and ipad and just lay on a beach? Sounds a bit unlikely.

It's exactly what I would have done, I can't believe anyone would want their holiday interrupted by important work stuff

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think they did though - especially as nothing was resolved. The club statement was public posturing not informing anyone of anything worthwhile.

And the LMA's wasn't posturing!? Really!?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I don't know if they can. If the club sack him outright, I would imagine they are in breach of contract if they haven't given enough warnings about his conduct. All I am sure of, is the club can afford much better lawyers than Gus Poyet, and will be playing it to the letter of the law.

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
I can assure you that is very standard, your reaction is emotive crappage, its a union, they represent his interests, they are duty bound, and like all legal representation, will swear that black is white if it suits their clients agenda. They will be found out once the full case is reviewed this week, I suspect very much that Gus is delaying simply to push the club into panicking at how close the season is, and paying him off just to get on with it before its too late.

This would be my take aswell. Despite my previous adoration of Gus, I hope he is well & truly screwed over IF he's found guilty of gross misconduct against our fantastic club & chairman who have given us, & him, so much. Please note I said IF. I just have a gut feeling that GP's ego has gotten out of control over the last few months & he really believes he's above little old BHAFC. Sorry, but that's how I feel (regrettably).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here