Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Statement regarding Gus Poyet on Website NOW *merged*

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Yawn........how about no.

I read nothing about breaching or handbooks.....get a grip.

'Also, it has repeatedly been made clear to the Club that Gus’s LMA representative, Richard Bevan was not available to accompany him today, but was available to attend on Thursday 20th or Friday 21st June as well. These two dates fall within the five working day period for an employee to offer alternatives to the original date set by the Club as set-out in the Club’s own handbook.'

'Notwithstanding these important points, the Club decided to go-ahead with the hearing in the absence of both Gus and Richard Bevan. Late this afternoon the Club agreed to adjourn and reconvene the disciplinary hearing to Thursday 20th June 2013.'

'The LMA is pleased that the Club has agreed to an arrangement whereby Gus and his chosen representative will be able to attend.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2343266/Gus-Poyet-misses-Brighton-disciplinary-leave-future-balance.html?ico=sport^headlines

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was invited to a tribunal last week. I thought I was in the right but had crossed a few lines. Mainly about use of language and putting a member of staff in a position where they might take action against the company. I went along and sucked up the soup. Face saving solution. I could have gone off on a massive one. Wrong reaction for the occasion. Poyet is in contrast behaving like a total arze. Running away will only prolong his agony. Unfortunately our club gets collateral damage. There was no way I wanted to cause my organization problems. Gus doesn't give a toss. What a creep.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Of course, the employer has hauled up it's employee on a serious misconduct charge and the union has played it's opening gambit in an pretty poor attempt to gain the moral high ground that has nevertheless mesmerised the numbskulls on here
Thing is if the club had waited and had the meeting on Thursday, there was nothing at all stopping the LMA delaying the hearing to next Wednesday under the 5 days rule. So I don't see a problem with the club announcing the meeting for Monday, probably knowing that LMA were always going to postpone it.

If anything the club have the high ground, as they have allowed Gus and the LMA to delay the meeting. An independent tribunal, probably won't look to favourably on Gus appearing on the BBC as a pundit, on the eve of his disciplinary hearing which he did not attend! Whether or not its the truth (and I dont deny the LMA and Poyet probably couldn't attend today even if they really too) it looks like the LMA are trying to drag this out, and that can't be a bad thing for the club IMO.

Smile

Aug 19, 2011
The club are never capable of making mistakes? hmmmm
Who said we are being disloyal to the board? All we are saying is that there are two sides to every story and for the sake of truth, both sides should be heard. It isn't a case of Bloom v Poyet.

This. I am not team Poyet nor do I hate the board.

Poyet can never come back now but that does not mean the club should be able to get away with manipulating peoples opinions which I honestly feel they have been doing for the last few weeks. Hopefully I am proved wrong and they have done things correctly and for all the right reasons, we can then move on with Oscar...

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Well I've read most of the thread and it's now as clear as mud. One question, does / did Gus want out or do the club want Gus out?

Ok a second question who is holding out for money Gus or the club?

Sorry to be a numpty.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
'Also, it has repeatedly been made clear to the Club that Gus’s LMA representative, Richard Bevan was not available to accompany him today, but was available to attend on Thursday 20th or Friday 21st June as well. These two dates fall within the five working day period for an employee to offer alternatives to the original date set by the Club as set-out in the Club’s own handbook.'

'Notwithstanding these important points, the Club decided to go-ahead with the hearing in the absence of both Gus and Richard Bevan. Late this afternoon the Club agreed to adjourn and reconvene the disciplinary hearing to Thursday 20th June 2013.'

'The LMA is pleased that the Club has agreed to an arrangement whereby Gus and his chosen representative will be able to attend.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2343266/Gus-Poyet-misses-Brighton-disciplinary-leave-future-balance.html?ico=sport^headlines

What he said.

Aug 23, 2011
I was invited to a tribunal last week. I thought I was in the right but had crossed a few lines. Mainly about use of language and putting a member of staff in a position where they might take action against the company. I went along and sucked up the soup. Face saving solution. I could have gone off on a massive one. Wrong reaction for the occasion. Poyet is in contrast behaving like a total arze. Running away will only prolong his agony. Unfortunately our club gets collateral damage. There was no way I wanted to cause my organization problems. Gus doesn't give a toss. What a creep.

To be fair your situation is probably fairly trivial in comparison though and I doubt all this can be sorted by a quick word

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Running away will only prolong his agony.

Gus is not in agony, and he's certainly in no hurry. He's still being paid, and he'll in all likelihood eventually walk away with a substantial payoff.

Its the club that is in agony. For the club the clock is very much ticking, and its getting louder and louder. Time is of the essence now, of which Gus will be only too well aware. This whole saga has turned into a complete catastrophe, and is now causing untold damage to our preparations for the season.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
The lma are paid to represent gus and as expected are doing so. They do not state that the club breeched its own policy in scheduling the meeting for today just that they felt it did not give them time to prepare. They asked for and eventually got the delay they wanted. Acas guildlines on hearings just state they need to be held as soon as possible giving the employee time to prepare, I guess the club felt today reasonable.
What do people expect either side to say? That the other is right and really nice people. It is just bluster before the main event.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Gus is not in agony, and he's certainly in no hurry. He's still being paid, and he'll in all likelihood eventually walk away with a substantial payoff.

Its the club that is in agony. For the club the clock is very much ticking, and its getting louder and louder. Time is of the essence now, of which Gus will be only too well aware. This whole saga has turned into a complete catastrophe, and is now causing untold damage to our preparations for the season.

No it's not, calm down dear

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's interesting that until this last season we had a chairman and a manager who openly got on, a successful partnership that had seen success on and off the pitch.

What changed....

And what does mean for our club going forward.

Yes we all love Tony Bloom for what he has done for the club but if all the control is now with another man is that relevant any more?

I am still staggered by some of the comments on NSC about Gus.

You loved him a few weeks ago and frankly nothing of substance has changed. Blind loyalty to the club and Tony Bloom is daft. Great man though he is, he is capable of making mistakes.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Well I've read most of the thread and it's now as clear as mud. One question, does / did Gus want out or do the club want Gus out?

Ok a second question who is holding out for money Gus or the club?

Sorry to be a numpty.
I think its us wanting money from Poyet to break his contract.

Otherwise why not just sack him after the Palace game, and hope he walked into a new job, which would mean we'd not have to pay much out in terms of loss of earnings, we could have appointed a new manager the next day if we wanted, and none of this cloak and daggers crap would be happening.

That is why I think the club will ending up trying to sue Poyet, as opposed to the other way round.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

So where is the breaching bit then?..... part of your vivid and imaginative reading of those spaces between the lines?

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
If only someone had invented emails and smart phones Gus would have been able to keep in touch with his lawyers to find out what was going on while he was on holiday.....

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
An independent tribunal, probably won't look to favourably on Gus appearing on the BBC as a pundit, on the eve of his disciplinary hearing which he did not attend!

Doubt it to be honest. It's just work, probably a long standing commitment already agreed. It might be show business, but it's still business.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
It's interesting that until this last season we had a chairman and a manager who openly got on, a successful partnership that had seen success on and off the pitch.

What changed....

And what does mean for our club going forward.

Yes we all love Tony Bloom for what he has done for the club but if all the control is now with another man is that relevant any more?

I am still staggered by some of the comments on NSC about Gus.

You loved him a few weeks ago and frankly nothing of substance has changed. Blind loyalty to the club and Tony Bloom is daft. Great man though he is, he is capable of making mistakes.

I dont think anyone is saying that bloom cant make mistakes, but in the long run who is more important to the club. The owner ploughing millions of his own money into the club to keep it alive or a manager, good no doubt, but who would eventually leave. I know who I support, but that is not to say I wish things were different, I do, but I am a fan of the club and by inference the man who keeps it alive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here