Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Statement regarding Gus Poyet on Website NOW *merged*

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
100 per cent this I question some of our fans. Bloom has given us everything yet some on here are so far up poyets arse it makes me sick. Bloom has made sure my kids have a club to support .Bet bloom thinks when he reads some of the crap on here from so called fans why the **** did I bother. Poyet has made it clear its all about him and yet some on here follow him like sheep .

While others follow the board like sheep.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Although I love you all dearly for the entertainment and engagement you give me on a daily basis, I, for the love of what is true and decent, am not reading 31 pages! Can someone give me a brief overview of what is going on.

Thanks muchly. :smile:

Sergei.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The club had to say something, it seemed everyman and his dog knew that some kind of meeting was supposed to happen today.

I don't think they did though - especially as nothing was resolved. The club statement was public posturing not informing anyone of anything worthwhile.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That is precisely it. Vast majority of the rest of the thread is speculation and people condemning either Poyet or Bloom/Barber without evidence.
Cheers Paddy, that's half an hour of my life you've saved me there.

I owe you a :drink:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Although I love you all dearly for the entertainment and engagement you give me on a daily basis, I, for the love of what is true and decent, am not reading 31 pages! Can someone give me a brief overview of what is going on.

Thanks muchly. :smile:

Sergei.
Post 602 will sort you out.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The club had to say something, it seemed everyman and his dog knew that some kind of meeting was supposed to happen today.

Re-reading the club statement I think the LMA's response is a bit of an over reaction.

Neither had to say anything publically.

But if you are going to make a press release mentioning disputed legal reasons and last chances ( or "final opportunities") I'm not surprised the other side put their side across.

If the press release had just said the meeting had been rescheduled, I doubt we'd be any the wiser.

It's a game.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
So it's quite unusual then. Or you don't know.

No, there are dozens and dozens of LMA statements I have read and heard over the years, all have supported the client against the club/fa etc.... its not unusual, its not unique, its very normal.......

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I don't think they did though - especially as nothing was resolved. The club statement was public posturing not informing anyone of anything worthwhile.

It was relevant info though, a meeting had been scheduled for today, Gus decided not to attend for legal reasons, all parties decided to reconvene on Thursday.

Now everyone knows whats happening and when.

Seems the club get flamed if they do or if they don't so can't win anyway.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The same board that built the amex.spent millons on players and millons on a training pitch. Your loyalty should be to bhafc not poyet.

The club are never capable of making mistakes? hmmmm
Who said we are being disloyal to the board? All we are saying is that there are two sides to every story and for the sake of truth, both sides should be heard. It isn't a case of Bloom v Poyet.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No, there are dozens and dozens of LMA statements I have read and heard over the years, all have supported the client against the club/fa etc.... its not unusual, its not unique, its very normal.......

That's not what I asked. The specific allegation here is that the club did not comply with it's own employee handbook. Obviously the LMA takes the manager's side it goes without saying. But today's statement goes further and you can't prove it doesn't.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The same board that built the amex.spent millons on players and millons on a training pitch. Your loyalty should be to bhafc not poyet.

There's a difference between being grateful and having blind and unquestioning faith.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
After all I've read this evening, i must say that the LMA statement makes a lot of sense to me and the BHA one less so, unless the LMA statement was written from a position of misunderstanding. As others have said, it is NOT good practice to serve a 500+ page document on a suspended employee two working days prior to a hearing, even less so if that employee is on annual leave. If the club have not followed their own internal disciplinary guidelines - which remains to be seen - this would surely reflect badly on them and would have weight in any further external legal process. Still, if you're not a cricket fan, this is keeping the Albion news flow going nicely over the summer....

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Re-reading the club statement I think the LMA's response is a bit of an over reaction.

Of course, the employer has hauled up it's employee on a serious misconduct charge and the union has played it's opening gambit in an pretty poor attempt to gain the moral high ground that has nevertheless mesmerised the numbskulls on here

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
After all I've read this evening, i must say that the LMA statement makes a lot of sense to me and the BHA one less so, unless the LMA statement was written from a position of misunderstanding. As others have said, it is NOT good practice to serve a 500+ page document on a suspended employee two working days prior to a hearing, even less so if that employee is on annual leave. If the club have not followed their own internal disciplinary guidelines - which remains to be seen - this would surely reflect badly on them and would have weight in any further external legal process. Still, if you're not a cricket fan, this is keeping the Albion news flow going nicely over the summer....

They didn't.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They did. Read it again.

How I read it is they got the particularised version on the 13th i.e the specifics of each charge.

This is not to be confused with the 500 page document that the LMA said in their statement is made up of lengthy appendices anyway and they have been sitting on before the 13th.

In other words they and Gus would have already known what the charges were and 4 days to read the specifics is ample in the clubs eye's.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How I read it is they got the particularised version on the 13th i.e the specifics of each charge.

This is not to be confused with the 500 page document that the LMA said in their statement is made up of lengthy appendices anyway and they have been sitting on before the 13th.

In other words they and Gus would have already known what the charges were and 4 days to read the specifics is ample in the clubs eye's.

Do you know any lawyers who work Sats & Suns?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here