Official Statement regarding Gus Poyet on Website NOW *merged*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dec 29, 2012
United Kingdom
That poll was 15 minutes after the clubs very carefully worded statement, that basically implied "Poyet couldn't be bothered to turn up" another bit of spin by the club which worked, as you said the poll had 75% backing them. I would love to see a poll now that the truth is out.
The truth is out and I believe the club over the lma all day long. Its brighton and hove albion not the gus poyet show.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I think it comes down to what today's meeting was about for the club. If it was a case of starting the meeting, recording that Gus had informed them he would not be attending as his representative was unavailable and he require more time to study the report, so that the entire process is on the record, then it's all good. No problem, maybe the LMA should have not made such an issue of the meeting going ahead, but they were forced into it by the club's statement.

If they went ahead with the meeting, fully aware gus had would not be attending, knowing he wouldn't have representation, knowing he wouldn't have had time to read through the report, so that they can claim he has been uncooperative, to paint him to the fan base as a trouble maker, then the club is most definitely in the wrong.

I'm not sure if either released statement can be used to prove which of the above is the case. But, since no one would be the bad guy, I'd tend to believe the former myself, at least until more info comes out.

I agree with this. The Club convened its side to open the hearing. Gus's people were not available so the hearing was closed and formally adjourned. If the records show that then fine. No problem. The LMA's statement is just a defence mechanism in response to the Club's own statement.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sorry am in bed and falling asleep.I cant answer the question again without specifics but if they have contravened their regulations, if they have made slanderous comments or if they are seen as contravening employment law all of those would be cause to worry. But these are all IFS. Remember I said IF the LMA are to be believed. Contravening their own published regulations IS a breach of employment law.

I'm not sure what in the LMA statement indicates they have gone against their own published regulations. It says the regulations allow for the meeting to be postponed within 5 days of the date they set it, and it has (after an adjournment). That doesn't seem to me like they've contravened their own regulations.

Aug 23, 2011
The LMA have issued a statement on Gus'behalf.....hardly likely to issue one on the clubs behalf are they ?
The charges are OVER 500 long....nothing seems to have been done wrong then...
The LMA has issued a statement revealing the truth....er,according to who....them?
If, and when Gus attends the hearing and is proved innocent and carries on,he will get my backing as manager....but I would never trust him again when a big job was in the window....

Charges over 500 pages long, do you know if this is longer than normal? Who knows if they have interviewed all the staff at the Amex and put each on a separate page, that would be 50 pages.

He's innocent until proven guilty

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Thank you. That is all I needed to know, since I am pretty sure they have him by the short and curlies.

Well if that's true then fine but that doesnt explain what happened today. If the LMA statement is correct then the club shouldnt have planned a meeting for today and certainly should not have published the statement this morning. If the club are right then the LMA have published a borderline slanderous statement. If however the smoking gun is there Thursday then bye-bye Gus and on we go.

Dec 29, 2012
United Kingdom
What bloody truth,... there is nothing out in the public domain yet,... his union says one thing, the club say something slightly different,...I back the clubs stance, you do what you want.

100 per cent this I question some of our fans. Bloom has given us everything yet some on here are so far up poyets arse it makes me sick. Bloom has made sure my kids have a club to support .Bet bloom thinks when he reads some of the crap on here from so called fans why the **** did I bother. Poyet has made it clear its all about him and yet some on here follow him like sheep .

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Sorry...you're saying it's the club at fault ? So that makes the club accuse Gus on trumped up charges....get real....if Gus had come in after the Palace play off game and said I'm gutted,but we are going to get more players in which we can afford and fight again he would've got the fans behind him...but he did something which might come to light later...maybe approached another club...I don't know...but on the basis 'There's no smoke without fire' I take it that Gus has breached his contract....if not I apologise but till then....the Club are far more important and bigger than Gus will ever be...

NO that's not what I said at all. perhaps they have good reason for getting rid of Gus but to force the LMA to make the statement they did strongly suggests that either the clubs evidence is not enough, they are handling a good case very badly or Gus is living in cloud cuckooland and has hoodwinked the LMA .. all of which is embarrassing for the club I love and I wouldve expected better of.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
100 per cent this I question some of our fans. Bloom has given us everything yet some on here are so far up poyets arse it makes me sick. Bloom has made sure my kids have a club to support .Bet bloom thinks when he reads some of the crap on here from so called fans why the **** did I bother. Poyet has made it clear its all about him and yet some on here follow him like sheep .

I don't see a single post criticising Tony Bloom. He did however hire both Poyet and Barber. So which was the **** up hire?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Shock horror, the LMA stands up for the people who pay them. He doesn't have time to read his accusations, but he's happy to take a paycheck to appear on TV as a Confederations Cup pundit. Fantastic.

Aug 23, 2011
I'm surprised that no-ones blamed Barnes for this yet, i thought he was always at fault? Perhaps gus and Charlie gave him a kicking for getting the 7 match ban and that's the issue

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I can assure you that is very standard, your reaction is emotive crappage, its a union, they represent his interests, they are duty bound, and like all legal representation, will swear that black is white if it suits their clients agenda. They will be found out once the full case is reviewed this week, I suspect very much that Gus is delaying simply to push the club into panicking at how close the season is, and paying him off just to get on with it before its too late.

I'd love you to provide a link to just one other statement they have made saying that a club have breached their own handbook in handling a disciplinary matter. Just one. Go on.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So what's happened then? Gus didn't turn up at the meeting because his legal team hasn't had long enough to go through the disciplinary document. The meeting was adjourned and rescheduled for the end of the week?

Sorry I've been out all afternoon, is this about it?

Aug 23, 2011
Shock horror, the LMA stands up for the people who pay them. He doesn't have time to read his accusations, but he's happy to take a paycheck to appear on TV as a Confederations Cup pundit. Fantastic.

Why would he be reading them, that's his lawyers job to read, translate the legal jargon and advise. Have you ever read a legal document, they can be difficult for the layman especially one whose first language is not english

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
So what's happened then? Gus didn't turn up at the meeting because his legal team hasn't had long enough to go through the disciplinary document. The meeting was adjourned and rescheduled for the end of the week?

.........and Richard Bevan was a bit 'busy'

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Anyone who imagines that the whole issue can be resolved with a dismissal confirmed by Friday is, quite simply, WRONG.
Exactly why we should all have real fears about our ability to be ready for the coming season.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham

That is precisely it. Vast majority of the rest of the thread is speculation and people condemning either Poyet or Bloom/Barber without evidence.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think the club ( ie Barber and Bloom + board ) are getting an unfair battering on this board tonight.

Please remember the LMA are not neutral arbiters in this situation, they are firmly and definitely part of Gus' representation.

But neither are the club. I view the LMA statement as a reaction to the one made by the club. If the club hadn't made that statement in that manner, I doubt the LMA would have bothered.

It's all a game. One I'm not taking sides on.

What I will say is that this is very unusual and on the PR front, Gus is slightly ahead. However loads of extra time still to go.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
But neither are the club. I view the LMA statement as a reaction to the one made by the club. If the club hadn't made that statement in that manner, I doubt the LMA would have bothered.

It's all a game. One I'm not taking sides on.

What I will say is that this is very unusual and on the PR front, Gus is slightly ahead. However loads of extra time still Togo.

The club had to say something, it seemed everyman and his dog knew that some kind of meeting was supposed to happen today.

Re-reading the club statement I think the LMA's response is a bit of an over reaction.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I'd love you to provide a link to just one other statement they have made saying that a club have breached their own handbook in handling a disciplinary matter. Just one. Go on.

Yawn........how about no.

I read nothing about breaching or handbooks.....get a grip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports