Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Statement regarding Gus Poyet on Website NOW *merged*

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Thanks for highlighting this. Starting to really really dislike the ways things seem to be done at the Albion at the moment. Trying to the fans against Gus is a sad and sorry little game they're playing.

Believe me, Gus has turned many fans against himself all on his own.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
OK, fair enough, but I don't agree.

You see that is how it works. We disagree, fine. The insults are not needed. Something all too prelavalent on this site now.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Right. So the 'Gus holiday' excuse given by the LMA is frivolous then.

NO...... the investigation only finished four days ago which meant that WHEN Gus's team received the documentation they would have had less than four days to prepare. You would have also have to add into that time packing up, getting new flights coming back home etc. If ı was his lawyer I would have told him that is no time at all to get back and get prepared for defence. Saying 'frivolous' is just clutching at straws.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
since people keep referring to the game of poker between Bloom & Gus,
thought of a few meanings of the hands
FOLDING: Those stupid bits of card in the Palace game
SITTING OUT: What Gus is doing at the moment
A HIGH: A fan that has too much weed & believes Gus will stay
A PAIR : A pie & pint at half time
2 PAIRS: Barber & Bloom V Gus & Charlie
3 OF A KIND: Lack of money, poogate & clackers the 3 reasons we didn’t beat Palace according to Gus.
A STRAIGHT: Were Gus will be going Straight on the dole
A FLUSH : something someone forgot to use in the Palace changing room
A FULL HOUSE: something we won’t see next season if this mess isn’t sorted soon

What about A RUNNING STRAIGHT,,,,,to the bookies to back Swansea or Fulham to go down, if Poyet goes there.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
IF the LMA statement is correct, it appears that the club have not followed their own procedures, are in danger of not following employment law, and have made a mess of this one. Unless they haven't.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Because of this. With all the " facts " to hand I am not happy with a bloke being suspended without knowing why he has been you know, call me old fashioned if you like.

So you have all the facts to hand, or are they in your head.
You know nothing, the same as all of us. Priceless:ffsparr:

May 18, 2013
If Gus is suspended then Gus has the right to take his holiday during that time. At the same time, Im pretty sure that the club would be asking for legal trouble if they then turned round and gave Gus only a few days notice to get back from his holiday and get his rep up to speed. What really smacks of a stitch up is a 500 page document being given just before the proposed meeting. If the club knew of a real breach of contract and had evidence to prove it then they should not need to do ANY of this.

I'm not saying it IS a stitch-up but it really does not look good and Gus's legal team are going to be laughing their heads after today. Based on the LMAs statement (which they obviously felt they HAD to make), the club statement was a MAJOR faux pas, methinks.

Fair enough, but the document was given four days before the hearing, that's not 'just before the proposed meeting', the only time scale which matters, I guess is how long before the meeting the club's proceedures say it should be given. 500 pages to me sounds like the result of a comprehensive investigation and I would have thought it would all need to be in black and white. Who knows, perhaps half of it's in Spanish!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Right. So the 'Gus holiday' excuse given by the LMA is frivolous then.

Not really - he'd still need to attend the meeting. His reps would just build the case while he was away. It doesn't seem unreasonable to give his reps some time to read what appears to be a huge report. Unless of course the club want to rush them into reading and thus missing things.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I'm sure he has, loads of them. He has always got an excuse for everything. Unfortunately for him I think, the law according to Poyet won't wash, compared to the law according to the facts. This is what i'm betting on anyway.

To be brutally honest I hope you are right because the club is more important to me than Gus but unfortunately I think your are totally blinded by your dislike of Gus. Ive felt that something smellt off since Day 1 and today its started to come out. The club may have very good reasons for getting rid of Gus and if they are fair then Im 100% behind them but an official statement from the LMA is not a rumour in the Mail. It's powerful and we should treat it as such.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
As someone who has a lot of respect for the LMA and being unaware of a single case where the LMA has been found at fault, if this statement is true then I am disgusted by the behaviour of my club. If there is any truth to this statement then it is becoming to look more and more like a witchhunt. I would expect the club to defend itself from these charges or else be seen to be culpable.

If Gus has done something wrong then he should go but if there's truth to these statements then we are not talking about the club any more, we are talking about power struggles.

Or a club trying to move things along as quickly as possible whilst ensuring the investigation is full and fair.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Fair enough, but the document was given four days before the hearing, that's not 'just before the proposed meeting', the only time scale which matters, I guess is how long before the meeting the club's proceedures say it should be given. 500 pages to me sounds like the result of a comprehensive investigation and I would have thought it would all need to be in black and white. Who knows, perhaps half of it's in Spanish!!

And when was the original hearing? I would have wanted at least a week.... at the very least, once he was back in the country.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So you have all the facts to hand, or are they in your head.
You know nothing, the same as all of us. Priceless:ffsparr:

Sorry is this not a forum to exchange views and opinions ? So sorry. :ffsparr:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Never used the ignore function on this site before, but congrats Uncle Spielberg, you've popped my cherry.

As of interest , why ?

el punal

This. I'm afraid he has now burnt his bridges with me now. Any benefit of the doubt has evaporated. Clear off Gus and do it now.

That would be the obvious, and easiest, option. The problem is that we do not know the reasons for the suspension. If you, or anyone else, were in Gus's position and felt aggrieved at the accusations levelled against you would'nt you fight your corner to the last.

I agree with you, following today's events, that those bridges are just ash.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
To be brutally honest I hope you are right because the club is more important to me than Gus but unfortunately I think your are totally blinded by your dislike of Gus. Ive felt that something smellt off since Day 1 and today its started to come out. The club may have very good reasons for getting rid of Gus and if they are fair then Im 100% behind them but an official statement from the LMA is not a rumour in the Mail. It's powerful and we should treat it as such.

The statement from the LMA is bog standard what they would do for any manager, that pays their contributions to them. They are the managers union, what did you expect them to say. It's just standard, nothing more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here