Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Statement regarding Gus Poyet on Website NOW *merged*

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
The other part of this which no one else seems to have picked up is that Tanno's investigation is complete and he is cleared, Gus is complete and he didn't show. Charlie's is STILL ongoing.

This could be as simple as - all the 'issues' have been resolved as either true/false and everyone is ready to kiss and make up [and stay or go as agreed]. The 3 from the management team have been asked to sign non-disclosure agreements as part of the 'settlement'. Tanno signed and returned is, Charlie hasn't returned it or even said that he will and Gus is complaining about the content of the NDA and therefore the club can make a statement about MT, confirm a legal dispute with GP and can say nothing about CO.

ie All of this "final stage" stuff could be entirely innocent and revolve around a clause or two in a document unrelated to the actual, original reasons for the suspension and inquiry.

The reassuring thing is the club are talking about "final chances" which means that one way or another this should be out of the way of the football soon. Maybe to be settled by lawyers and tribunals and courts and stuff by behind the scenes at least. If this this the case, it will cost in the long run (lawyers don't come cheap) but we can move on with pre-season shortly.

Aug 23, 2011
Come on Acker, you are one of the more sensible ones. There are few (if any) employers who would accept an employee washing their dirty linen in public. As much as he is/has been a great manager his conduct post Palace was unacceptable and worthy of disciplinary action.

Maybe but show me a manager that doesn't come up with excuses, or complte cr** etc in post match interviews. Plus emotions are running high and adrenaline is pumping you tend to say things in a way you don't necessarily intend

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Boredom.jpg

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The man has got zero class and behaves like a spoilt child time and time again. If he has got any leg to stand on at all then he would have jumped at the chance to defend his corner, he has had a month to prepare. This just proves he has no regard for anyone bar himself, all it's achieving is delaying our preparations for next season....That would also have an effect on the players who were suppose to look upto him. He is indirectly effecting there working lives as well....But that doesn't matter because he doesn't give a shite about anyone bar himself...It's always been me. me, me. Look at me!!!! Thankfully we won't have to for much longer.

How has he had a month to prepare? The club have stated that the investigation is now over therefore a final report would have only just been written outlining exactly what has gone on. Maybe his legal team wanted extra time to go over it and prepare the response.
You know jack

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Come on Acker, you are one of the more sensible ones. There are few (if any) employers who would accept an employee washing their dirty linen in public. As much as he is/has been a great manager his conduct post Palace was unacceptable and worthy of disciplinary action.

I don't consider answering such a question the way he did "washing their dirty linen in public", and I don't think the club can complain about it now, if they haven't complained about similar comments on budget restrictions and career ambitions in the past.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Whislt I agree with you about the timing and I'm firmly in the time to get off the bus camp I don't agree that he necessarily had less resources. A number of national newspaper stated we had the 4th lowest budget in the division. Were Palace one of the 3 with lower budgets? No one knows. We certainly didn't have a loan player deemed to be worth £10m+.

I simply don't know what our budget was so I'm guessing but given the amount we spent on Ulloa alone I just can't believe we had the fourth lowest budget in the league. Didn't Gus himself say we were 11th or 12th highest in terms of budget (I may have dreamt that though).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Maybe but show me a manager that doesn't come up with excuses, or complte cr** etc in post match interviews. Plus emotions are running high and adrenaline is pumping you tend to say things in a way you don't necessarily intend

Sure but normally they go after the officials or players, not the people who pay their wages. The really clever ones bat the questions away, but Gus doesn't fit that bill IMO and the club has to accept some of the blame for not giving him media training (assuming they haven't).

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The man has got zero class and behaves like a spoilt child time and time again. If he has got any leg to stand on at all then he would have jumped at the chance to defend his corner, he has had a month to prepare. This just proves he has no regard for anyone bar himself, all it's achieving is delaying our preparations for next season....That would also have an effect on the players who were suppose to look upto him. He is indirectly effecting there working lives as well....But that doesn't matter because he doesn't give a shite about anyone bar himself...It's always been me. me, me. Look at me!!!! Thankfully we won't have to for much longer.

He's not said a thing for a month - that includes last night after being asked about the details on live TV. How is that 'Look at me!'?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Because of this massive numbers of people are picking on Gus. It pisses me off, it really does. We know next to nothing about this suspension, but everyone is deciding Gus is at fault and backing the faceless guy in the office.

You do wonder if any of this would have happened if Martin Perry was still the Chief Exec.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
its the faceless, quiet one you have got to watch in my experience

Certainly not faceless, but is very quiet is how I would describe Tony Bloom and all this about what Gus has done for this club is insignificant to what TB has done. I feel fans that are attacking Barber are attacking Bloom too. Bloom brought Barber in to do a job and I am sure they discuss every move. So if it really comes down to who we back for what they have done for this club, then I say goodbye Gus because TB has my complete backing.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't consider answering such a question the way he did "washing their dirty linen in public", and I don't think the club can complain about it now, if they haven't complained about similar comments on budget restrictions and career ambitions in the past.

You don't know they haven't and this wasn't the last straw. Either away I'm surprised at your stance, but I guess we disagree.....:smile:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Certainly not faceless, but is very quiet is how I would describe Tony Bloom and all this about what Gus has done for this club is insignificant to what TB has done. I feel fans that are attacking Barber are attacking Bloom too. Bloom brought Barber in to do a job and I am sure they discuss every move. So if it really comes down to who we back for what they have done for this club, then I say goodbye Gus because TB has my complete backing.

Bloom brought Poyet in to do a job too. So the logic goes if you're attacking Poyet you're attacking Bloom too.

(and of course Poyet has proved he can do his job well, Barber - not yet)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
This is such a joke now. Losing faith in everyone at this football club. Farcical.
And of course it's us, the fans, that get left in the dark not knowing what the hell is going on. It's been over a month now, this became a pisstake a long, long time ago.

Aug 23, 2011

obviously you have to back TB after everything he has done for the club however it doesn't mean you can't question decisions. it would leave a very bitter taste in my mouth if Poyet has been mistreated due to some agenda. As all along i'm trying to be impartial about the situation and not take sides and would love it to be sorted and everything back to normal but i can't see that happening and obviously if Poyet leaves then i'm going to continue supporting the club but until then neither/both sides have my backing

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You don't know they haven't and this wasn't the last straw. Either away I'm surprised at your stance, but I guess we disagree.....:smile:

My stance is simply: we don't know enough to judge Poyet. His post match interview is not anything worthy of disciplinary action IMO, it wasn't when I read about it after the game, and it's not now that all this has also happened, that his career aspirations and budget comments over the past three and a half years are being retroactively blown out of proportion by fans who for whatever reason want to hate Poyet (the number of people who start with 'I don't want to hate gus, but...' then follow up with rumour or innuendo or unfounded tosh as their reason for now, finally, reluctantly, turning against him, is amazing). Until I know any differently I will not pass judgement on him or the club, that comments from each party shall be taken with a pinch of salt (both because of the Rashomon effect, and because of the nature of negotiations and the media-based song and dance from both sides that go with it).

There is no evidence that they have had a problem with the comments in the past. I find it difficult to believe that nothing had leaked if there was some action taken against him previously, even if it was just a warning.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
My assumption is purely one of him following legal advice. I don't quite see him as this nefarious rogue agent without a care in the world other than to strike revenge. Being a grown man, him and not i really, i can't imagine this Dick Dastardly that some want to simply paint twirling twiddlable moustache hairs on his lip and call him.

I am very much in sympathy with your views on Gus and the legal proceedings ......... but we do need to limit as much as possible the impact on next season. So we need all parties to do their best to sort it out asap.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He's not said a thing for a month - that includes last night after being asked about the details on live TV. How is that 'Look at me!'?

Yes he has, he is quoted in paper today saying about how he works for the club and continues to do so etc etc...Funny really, as he didn't say that post Palace game, did he???....Then goes on about honesty and everyone knows what he is about. He is right about that one, he is all about himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here