Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Statement regarding Gus Poyet on Website NOW *merged*

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
We don't know anything 100%.

I know what I heard after the palace game from Gus' mouth. That alone for me would warrant an apology. At a time when we were hurting the most he comes out and talks about himself. Again. The speculated issues following this just add to my opinion.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Doesn't surprise me at all. It's the Gus Poyet show, what did people expect. Anyone still want him back??? Just shows you how much he cares about the club that has put him on the map and us fans. Not to mention the chairman, who backed him all the way....Really showing his true colours now. I'd be surprised if chairmen all over the country aren't very wary of Poyet now. But then perhaps that's the problem, he isn't in as much demand as he likes to think he is and has nowhere to go. So he is just causing as much unrest as possible.

Completely agree. The man has an ego the size of Mourinho's but doesn't have the managerial ability to back it up, so has decided to have a hissy fit instead and ruin our chances for next season.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Haven't read the whole thread but surely this is another breach in his contract, how many times can he breach his contract before he is sacked without a payout??

Dandyman

In London village.
For a start, it might be worth looking into what the 'disputed legal reasons' are... ???

Interesting - it suggests that he might be disputing the legal basis of the disciplinary process. That seems very high risk to me from his point of view.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
The other part of this which no one else seems to have picked up is that Tanno's investigation is complete and he is cleared, Gus is complete and he didn't show. Charlie's is STILL ongoing.

Indeed, It appears Tanno did nothing wrong; the club got it WRONG. It worries me that eventually it will be the same case re Poyet. How often do you hear of a manager being suspended for ONE thing, all of a sudden that none of his teams fans are aware of, let alone EIGHT.

And WTF has Charlie done?

Unreal

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I know what I heard after the palace game from Gus' mouth. That alone for me would warrant an apology. At a time when we were hurting the most he comes out and talks about himself. Again. The speculated issues following this just add to my opinion.

Saying you want to make sure the clubs ambition is still in line with yours before committing your future to them is shameful behaviour that warrants a public apology? Give over.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I think the outcome is going to be the same. The club and Gus know the situation and who holds what hand. The club did not have to release that statement today as i don't think to many of us were expecting a decision till later on in the week. Seems a way to drum up fan support before the inevitable happens. I think they know Gus is leaving and for those on the fence the big headline being Gus fails to appear will drum up further support for the Bloom camp. Very well played by Bloom and Co.
New manager in next Monday is my bet. Gus gone on Friday.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
can we all please calm down until we know the truth thank you

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
...couldn't disagree more if you said we should merge with Crystal Palace...

Now there's a thought... Palace get a new ground and we get PL and Wurzel... actually on second thoughts...

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
ontk.jpg

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Without knowing the details behind the case - not turning up is just pathetic. Even if you dispute the reason why your being disciplined - you still attend to put your point across.

It seems Mr Poyets bed had well and truly been made.....

It is not 'pathetic'. It's what he has been advised to do by his lawyers. They have obviously told him it is in his best interests legally not to attend.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Completely agree. The man has an ego the size of Mourinho's but doesn't have the managerial ability to back it up, so has decided to have a hissy fit instead and ruin our chances for next season.
^
This, Its not nice when a manager shits on a club , we know the feeling well .

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
The only thing wrong with that interview was the timing.

And for that alone he should apologise and I say this again as someone who was firmly in the Gus camp. If any of the speculated things that Gus is supposed to have done following that are true then it just reinforces my opinion and now showing contempt for the club AGAIN by not turning up (possibly twice) for hearings when he knows the effect it may have on our season has just cemented my views. I honestly can't see how anyone can defend him any more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here