Official Statement regarding Gus Poyet on Website NOW *merged*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Suspending the management team was totally unnecessary regardless of whether Gus beached his contract or not.

This should have been settled behind closed doors.

Instead it has all but destroyed the relationship with a top manager & club legend who was probably a season away from Premiership football. Embarrassing the clubs fans, and destroying its reputation in the process.

If Gus did not breach his contract after all of this, it will have been one of the biggest board **** ups in English football.

The point of an employment investigation is to determine whether or not alleged breaches of contract and/or misconduct actually took place. If it turns out that they didn't, the club will not have messed up, providing that they had reasonable suspicions in the first place to launch the investigation.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Taricco has been cleared following an internal investigation. The club look forward to him returning for pre season after his annual leave. No show no compensation unless he goes down the constructive dismissal, GP and I are a "team" route, which I guess he will. It gets muddier and muddier but I think by the end of this week the club will have made some move re: GP.
if i was tanno i wouldnt turn up in pre season and i would tell the club to do one with whats gone on

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Chelsea, as we know, love a good manager sacking. They won't like the look of somebody who has a history of 'clinging on' will they?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
This is getting TANTRIC now.

It still sounds to me from what has been released that Barber & the club are doing everything entirely by the book. So they still have my full confidence. I just wish they'd get to the vinegar strokes.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
The club should do the honourable thing and admit that it made a monumental **** up by suspending the management team, and do everything within its power to make peace with Gus, who presumably holds the aces as it is the club who are in the wrong.

A public apology to the fans would not go amiss too.

As you seem convinced this is down to the club, please let us know why you think the club would want to get rid of the most successful Albion manager for decades unless he had done something wrong. Nothing has changed with GP all the time he has been with us, he's always been a bit arrogant and big headed, moaned about his budget and said that he's wants to manage a premiership club, but it doesn't seem to have worried TB in the past so why now? Please let us in on the conspiracy.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I couldn't disagree more if you said we should merge with Crystal Palace.

"A public apology to the fans would not go amiss too" - only if it comes from Gus following his shameful behaviour (and I'm basing this only on what we know 100%).

We don't know anything 100%.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Whoever ends up with the bragging rights and can stick their thumb on the nose saying 'Nah Nah Nah nah Nah' this whole episode is a sad one. I hope and believe with all of my heart that BHA are handling this professionally and correctly, however it STILL remains that we are linked to a long drawn out saga where, no doubt, the odour from dirty laundry will leak out in the next few months.

Most unsavoury

:albion2:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Gus will have been invited to the hearing to put across any further information he may have relating to the accusations. If he has nothing further to add he does not need to attend and it would have stated that in a letter. The club will write to him again with one further invite and it will state that if he fails to attend then decisions will be made based on the facts already established.

Therefore predict that Gus has nothing further to say and he will attend no further hearings, the club will make a decision based on the facts they have and none of us know what they are. Gus will be acting on legal advice with actions that he takes.

Yes that's very much how I see it. Gus will only be acting on legal advice. Could be as simple as asking for a few days adjournment and the Club is being reasonable in agreeing to this. Nothing more sinister than that.

However I note it is the Club that have gone public on there being a further hearing and in their words say its Gus's 'final' chance to attend in person. At the moment Gus it may appear that has the whip hand but The Club can really only follow the protocol. I think the Club is wise not to go into further detail but by issuing this concisely worded statement could be interpreted as trying to show it is being reasonable and gain some of the moral high ground, especially if the matter eventually gets taken to a tribunal.

Maybe Gus's legal adviser is playing hardball and trying to engineer a severance deal by dragging this out. If he fails to attend next time The Club can hold a hearing in his absence, which is far from ideal, but the employer needs to move on.

It would be ironic if after the hearing Gus is reinstated but the current dynamic suggests there is little chance of that.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If the breaches of contract did not take place, then i would have thought that turning up with a legal team and defending the position would be the best way forward.

If the breaches of contract did take place, then i would have thought that turning up with a legal team and trying to minimise any penalty would be the best way forward.

If your client can't be trusted to follow a script and is likely to go off in one, i think that staying away from the meeting may be the best way forward.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Doesn't surprise me at all. It's the Gus Poyet show, what did people expect. Anyone still want him back??? Just shows you how much he cares about the club that has put him on the map and us fans. Not to mention the chairman, who backed him all the way....Really showing his true colours now. I'd be surprised if chairmen all over the country aren't very wary of Poyet now. But then perhaps that's the problem, he isn't in as much demand as he likes to think he is and has nowhere to go. So he is just causing as much unrest as possible.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Whoever was responsible for putting the club in this position needs to take a long hard look at themselves. This will reflect badly on the pitch next season.

Bucketloads of this.

I'm trying to think of what's worse than a shambles - omnishambles? Debacle? Anyone got a thesaurus at hand?

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
The sorry point is, that Gus having built the club up, now appears to be trying to take it down. I wonder what this will look like on his CV.
If this drags on we will go into the start of the new season with no one at the helm. He certainly does not seem to have any regard for the supporters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports