Sep 28, 2012
Who's that coming over the hill it's Oscar, Oscar Garcia
Who's that coming over the hill it's Oscar, Oscar Garcia

One for the Northsatnd!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
If they weasel out of it because of the legal terminology I'll be gutted.
I'm sure they'll pay out!!
Off to check now.. :moo:

Quite often they phrase it as next "permanent" manager, so you may at least have to wait until he drops the interim tag to get any payout.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Instant man love :love:

From offical website...

"I am delighted to have the opportunity to work in English football for the first time. Brighton & Hove Albion is one of the most exciting and progressive clubs in the country.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I fully expect an employment law expert to come on here soon and explain that the title 'Head Coach' is a tactical legal move bearing in mind that the bull shitter is appealing against his removal from the post of manager.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
At last! I can stop clicking the 'reload' button on my browser and get on with something more productive.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Garcia : "I am delighted to have the chance to work in English football for the first time at one of the most exciting and progressive clubs in the country"

Impressive use of English!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Re: Oscar Garcia HEAD COACH

Garcia : "I am delighted to have the chance to work in English football for the first time at one of the most exciting and progressive clubs in the country"

He does speak fluent English.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
20:03 26th June 2013

Oscar Garcia has been appointed to the newly created role of head coach of Brighton & Hove Albion.

Garcia's immediate task will be to oversee pre-season training. The 40-year-old will take up his new post on Thursday morning.

He said, "I am delighted to have the opportunity to work in English football for the first time. Brighton & Hove Albion is one of the most exciting and progressive clubs in the country."

Chairman Tony Bloom welcomed Oscar to the club, saying, "We are delighted to have Oscar here to help us prepare for the new season and plan what promises to be another exciting campaign for the club."

In an illustrious playing career Garcia played for Barcelona and Valencia amongst others, before stepping into coaching as youth coach at the Nou Camp.

His first senior role was as manager of Maccabi Tel Aviv, and in his first season at the club guided the Israeli side to their first league title win in a decade.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/garcia-appointed-head-coach-881973.aspx#keBC8eDI4UuAUuIB.99

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Re: Oscar Garcia HEAD COACH

Que means ALL that?!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The ONLY appointment which could unite all Brighton fans again.

Sherwood, Redknapp, Ferguson etc would have all caused binfests for weeks!

Potentially great acquisition, well done BHAFC

@Mustafa you are a born again plank---well done on finally coming over to the other side.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Think David Burke has just seen his job profile expanded.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
BRIGHTON NEWS
Another BBC Confederations Cup show, another big announcement from Brighton as they announce that Oscar Garcia has been appointed to the newly created role of head coach.

Who he?

Garcia played for Barcelona and Valencia amongst others, before stepping into coaching as youth coach at the Nou Camp. He has since been manager of Maccabi Tel Aviv.

In many ways the obvious choice.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Tippy-tappy-tastic news!

n_f_c_barcelona_historicos-1953169.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here