Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***** Official NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread 2013 *****

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
Penguins - Senators is the only confirmed matchup in the 2nd round so far.

Have a feeling it could be an Original Six SCF - Chicago v Boston. Los Angeles is peaking at the right time and have a great coach. And one can never count out a team that has Sidney Crosby on it.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Monday’s going to be a big day – Game 7 of the Capitals / Rangers series and of course the biggie at the Amex. Hopefully victories for the Rangers and the Seagulls. Bring it on !

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Go LEAFS.!!!!!!

Winning 2-1 against the Bruins to force a game 7 play-off in Boston on Monday evening to decide who plays against the Washington Capitals or New York Rangers.

What are the odds on a BHAFC and LEAFS win? :thumbsup:

Superb! Did you see the game that made the series 3-2? How on EARTH did we win that?

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
Go LEAFS.!!!!!!

Winning 2-1 against the Bruins to force a game 7 play-off in Boston on Monday evening to decide who plays against the Washington Capitals or New York Rangers.

What are the odds on a BHAFC and LEAFS win? :thumbsup:

Aw man, how could you poison the Albion with 46 years of Leaf failure by equating the odds? Not cool!

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Recent results below and highlighted series complete, Kings and Penguins are through, Rangers and Leafs both take it to game 7.

In the Eastern Conference

Pittsburgh Penguins 4 v New York Islanders 3
Series (4-2)

Boston Bruins 1 v Toronto Maple Leafs 2
Series (3-3)

Washington Capitals 0 v New York Rangers 1
Series (3-3)

Montreal Canadiens 1 v Ottawa Senators 6
Series (1-4)

And in the West now all complete

Chicago Blackhawks 5 v Minnesota Wild 1
Series (4-1)

Anaheim Ducks 2 v Detroit Red Wings 3
Series (3-4)

Vancouver Canucks 3 v San Jose Sharks 4
Series (0-4)

St Louis Blues 1 v LA Kings 2
Series (2-4)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Superb! Did you see the game that made the series 3-2? How on EARTH did we win that?

A Jays fan AND a Leafs fan? Always knew you were ok.
Argos?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Now we are talking!
I was in Alberta when the Doug Flutie merry-go-round stopped in Calgary. I still couldn't get involved in the way I was with the Jays during their second world series win. And the Leafs are the Leafs - you live in Toronto, you're Leaf Nation. Even when they're sh*t, which is most of the time. End of.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Lundqvist was in top form last night. He is so key to the Rangers' chances.

Need Richards and Nash to step up in Game Seven though.

Yes - he kept them in it. Made 27 saves according to today's paper

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Bollocks, Bollocks and more Bollocks. What a f**king Bollocks day today. :(

Well at least one of my playoff teams has won tonight and progressed to the next stage, the Conference semi finals !! :smile:

Great win by the Rangers away at the Capitals with a 5-0 gubbing. Brassard is the best player of the series IMHO and Lundqvist has been exceptional throughout the seven games. And it still impresses me that teams can end up battling through 7 games whereas we had to play just two.

kelownaseagull

Sep 13, 2003
BC Canada
Well at least one of my playoff teams has won tonight and progressed to the next stage, the Conference semi finals !! :smile:

Great win by the Rangers away at the Capitals with a 5-0 gubbing. Brassard is the best player of the series IMHO and Lundqvist has been exceptional throughout the seven games. And it still impresses me that teams can end up battling through 7 games whereas we had to play just two.

And every other night!

Good for the Rangers!

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
What an epic collapse by the Maple Leaves. Epic. Kind of feel a bit sorry for them - their fans less so.

Surprised to see the Rangers win. But that 3 v 6 matchup in the East is always wide open and most teams that win the SE are terrible and shouldn't even make the playoffs.

Bruins - Rangers
Penguins - Senators

Hawks - Wings
Kings - Sharks

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
The Leafs need a top-line centre and more depth on defence. Plus they might need some bigger bodies up front that can take the pounding that is the Stanley Cup playoffs.

From where they were at the beginning of the season, I'd say your average Leaf fan should be happy with the season, maybe not how it ended so ignominiously late in Game 7, but overall. Few picked them to make the playoffs and to come back from 3-1 down was a massive achievement in itself.

Plus with 4 goals, people will hopefully shut up with this whole Phil Kessel thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here