Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2023/2024

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
D very much on top in Bears at Browns as expected.
Spoiler alert, but the Bears forcing a punt, coughing it up with a muff and then intercepting the next play to start about where the punt was dropped says all you need to know about this game

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Big comeback win for my Texans missing our #2 and #3 picks. The Defense came up big sacking Will Levis 7 times.

In the 8-6 club along with the Bengals, Colts and Bills. DFP's Jags are welcome to join us to keep the South interesting.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Ah, the sad inevitability of being a Jags, a few weeks ago we were 8-3 and playing for the #1 AFC Seed, since then we’ve completely crapped our pants, injuries are taking their toll but the play has just been insipid on both sides of the ball. Lawrence is running for his life on a bum leg, the O-line is non existent and not Trevor is in the concussion protocol. It’s a massive uphill task now. Changes are needed, new offensive play caller (give it back to Doug?) and definitely a new GM, one who drafts and trades on talent rather than height and weight.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Is this season not over yet. It's just grim watching Washington hang around eating for everyone to be fired in a few weeks.

Bad night for Sam Howell last night and the draft a QB mob are growing ever more vociferous. I still think you could be build around him with those high picks we have in the draft.

In less depressing news I cruised into the next round of my fantasy league playoffs, and the Cowboys got well and truly beaten by the Bills! So silver linings and all that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
10pts down going into the last qtr, Flacco throwing 3 picks...didn't give us a chance tbh. That final play was crazy!
In my mind's eye we catch the rebound. Ah well.

High quality D from both teams with a splattering of mistakes at least made it entertaining. And when you're a Bears fan, chucking games away in Q4 or OT is almost to be expected. Missed PATs, picks, dodgy Hail Mary's the lot.

Bah.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
In less depressing news I cruised into the next round of my fantasy league playoffs
Me too. I led my division through the entire season from week 1, but lost out on 1st place on the final weekend with a defeat. Played our division winner in the playoffs last night, and absolutely spanked him for the 3rd time this year. That'll teach him for stealing my glory! 😂

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My boys managed to get in to the Dolphins game yesterday - two very happy lads, especially my youngest who has grown up supporting Miami for the last 10 years or so. Great day out for them.

IMG-20231217-WA0024.jpg
IMG-20231217-WA0050.jpg
IMG-20231217-WA0056.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Chance to dick the seahawks tonight and move ahead in the division again.

FLY BIRDS FLY

IMG_0153.jpeg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
We DID try not to win. We tried very very hard, but you simply insisted.

Ah well, we're still on for getting beaten in the first round of the play-offs.
Yep. The dropped punt / subsequent pick summed up most of the game but the very last play was the perfect game summary.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Philly beaten by Drew Lock. A nice start to the day.
Poor game in the main from Seattle, redeemed by that game winning final drive.

We might somehow sneak into the playoffs, but will get thoroughly trounced if we do.

Long way to go for this team to rebuild and compete properly, though there’s now a good set of players in their first and second years to start building something around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here