[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2023/2024

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
This was the one photo he did send me yesterday...the list of NFL Alumni that the facility has trained over the years....

Quite the list of All Pros and potential HoF'ers 🤯

Screenshot_20231218-140353_Snapchat.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Thank goodness we are already in the play offs as we are imploding at the moment!!!!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It's very frustrating as we're throwing games away ourselves. Flores has fixed our defence which ruined us last year, but the lack of Kirk has destroyed us and the turnovers are just a joke.
Pretty much sums it up. Addison is a great find though.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Watched this last night on Netflix...brilliant film for NFL fans, of any team. Zach Levi and Anna Paquin are great as the Warners.

Thanks for that..Had no idea they made a film of the Warners...

I remember that season well when Trent Green got injured and St Louis started winning under a right jobber...I think they were the rank outsiders too though watching the film should refresh my memory...

Maybe they will make something similar about Flacco after this season :)

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Thanks for that..Had no idea they made a film of the Warners...

I remember that season well when Trent Green got injured and St Louis started winning under a right jobber...I think they were the rank outsiders too though watching the film should refresh my memory...

Maybe they will make something similar about Flacco after this season :)
Kurt and his wife are executive producers, so assume its all pretty much spot on factually.
Really fun film - but while watching it last night I thought that Zach Levi would be the perfect lead if they ever made a film about Baker Mayfield too. Hes a bit of a hybrid lookalike between the two imo 😁

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Watched this last night on Netflix...brilliant film for NFL fans, of any team. Zach Levi and Anna Paquin are great as the Warners.

Thanks, I'll watch it. In the same vein have you seen 'Johnny Football'? (about Johnny Manziel). Also on Netflix. Of special interest to us as Cleveland fans, but other will enjoy it too.

And also 'The best that never was' about Marcus Dupree. Both are about how pure talent is never enough to succeed in professional sport. You've got to have your head together.

Had no expectations going into tonight's game with the Chiefs, but my word what a performance from the Raiders defence. Some clutch plays, another superb Jack Jones pick six and doing a superb job at stifling Mahomes and co. enough. Some great runs from Zeus on the final drive to clinch the dub. It's a Merry Christmas indeed for Raider Nation!!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Similar to @Vatican Citys No.2 Keeper - I had little or no hope for the Giants at the Eagles……. And so it proved……

However, @Publius Ovidius the Giants gave them a good challenge, and Swift apart Eagles struggled for period’s.

Now that the hype around De Vito is reducing, perhaps Taylor can establish himself.

On to next season….. Oh for an O line and consistent QB….

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Staying up for the MNF 3am Club was a bit more of a challenge this morning, but just about made it for a bit of dancing.

Congrats to @Brovion and @Fignon's Ponytail for our game - Amari Cooper's 265 yards and 2 TDs was sensational.

In the AFC South, Jags, Colts and my Texans all at 8-7 with 2 games left.

Jags: Panthers (2-11); @Titans (5-10)
Colts: Raiders (7-8); Texans (8-7)
Texans: Titans (5-10); @Colts (8-7)

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Great bit of Festive action all round from the games I managed to watch.

Great win for the Bucs, makes it 4 on the trot, beat the Saints next week and we’ll be confirmed top of the NFC South.

Mayfield coming into his stride and surely should get a contract extension. Albeit he’s helped massively by the offence weapon Evans. 92 TD’s!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Watched some of Dallas vs Detroit.

Trying not to give the game away, so spoiler alert…………

Good game, with great finish.
Felt a harsh but possibly correct call by the officials, but had never heard/seen that applied before.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Watched some of Dallas vs Detroit.

Trying not to give the game away, so spoiler alert…………

Good game, with great finish.
Felt a harsh but possibly correct call by the officials, but had never heard/seen that applied before.
No chance mate, there's footage of Decker reporting...Robbed by cheating officials...

Not only the Premier League where the ' big teams ' get an advantage...

Hope we stuff them in the playoffs

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No chance mate, there's footage of Decker reporting...Robbed by cheating officials...

Not only the Premier League where the ' big teams ' get an advantage...

Hope we stuff them in the playoffs
Hope so too.

Never heard of the rule, as presumably an eligible receiver surely has the same ‘standing’ as a TE?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports