Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2023/2024

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'd bite your hand off for a .500 season at the moment even in the perennially-underwhelming AFC South.
Wow. What a turnaround. What a season.

10 wins and a post-season berth. We'd only won 11 in the 3 previous seasons combined.

It was always likely to be a close shootout in Indy, so I'm thrilled we prevailed. A first play 75 yard TD reception? Yes please.

DeMeco Ryans himself won Defensive Rookie of the Year back in 2006. It might just be time for a few more awards in H-Town.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Well, that was painful viewing, and yet the Bucs won to secure a play-off spot.

We had no business winning that, but Panthers were their own worst enemy. Now the wait and see whether we’ll be blown out in the playoffs by the Cowboys or Eagles 😂

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well, that was painful viewing, and yet the Bucs won to secure a play-off spot.

We had no business winning that, but Panthers were their own worst enemy. Now the wait and see whether we’ll be blown out in the playoffs by the Cowboys or Eagles 😂
Horrible game.
But what a forced fumble, one of the plays of the season

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Amazing, after beating the Texans a few weeks ago the Jags were 8-3 and had a 99% probability of making the post season. What a collapse.
Fire Baalke, fire Caldwell, fire Press f***ing Taylor.

Probably best all round that the Texans won the division as Jax wouldn’t have done anything, at least Houston have some fight, and some competent play calling.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Never understood this about American sports, the lack of fans at some games in the NFL (and MLB) can be topped my non league football here at times.

Was only a couple of weeks ago I saw headlines that you could get Panthers tickets for under a dollar!
Not so much that v The Jets in the snow isn't exactly a crowd pulller.

More so it being widely reported to be the last time BellyChick sets foot on the field.
Pretty disgusting to not be there.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Amazing, after beating the Texans a few weeks ago the Jags were 8-3 and had a 99% probability of making the post season. What a collapse.
Fire Baalke, fire Caldwell, fire Press f***ing Taylor.

Probably best all round that the Texans won the division as Jax wouldn’t have done anything, at least Houston have some fight, and some competent play calling.
It was all done and dusted for me.

Then that Monday night Jags game with a chance to move into the #1 seed came and went. The beginning of the slide.

Even before today's game, most Texans were just hoping to beat the Colts for that #7 seed. I'd given up on us winning the South.

Commiserations DFP - a game of literally inches in those last few minutes with the 2 plays on the TEN 1 and long incomplete pass.

Could've easily gone the other way.

Here's hoping my Texans will do the South proud with that home playoff game.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Am I right the Seahawks need to win and hope the Packers don’t win to make the play offs?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What the actual f*** is going on at the eagles.

this is implosion of epic proportions

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Am I right the Seahawks need to win and hope the Packers don’t win to make the play offs?
Which doesn’t look like happening ☹️

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Matt The flower has never lost to the CareBears.
Field has never beaten the Packers.
Love just coughs up a simple 1st down run.

I'm off to bed - defeat is inevitable.

FCB

Sep 1, 2023

Yes.

Better for us we don't get to the playoffs anyway, we would get demolished there with this joke of a defense.

Carroll is out of ideas, he needs to retire and we should hire a young offensive minded HC an draft a QBOTF. We have some good pieces on offense, should find someone who can make them into a top 5-10 offense. Then we could get away with an average defense. Can't do it with a bottom 3-5 defense and a very average offense.

Won't happen though so the least what I expect is to get a new DC but ofc nothing will change as this is Carroll's defense after all.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Agree the time has come for Pete and the coaching staff to go. This Seahawks season has been very flat, with several single-score wins masking what could have been a far worse record.

We have some good young talent, but the overall team needs a reset. And a new QB - neither Geno Smith or Drew Lock are ever going to get us where we need to be.

Hopefully the notoriously laissez-faire Jody Allen will act sooner rather than later. Though at 72, maybe Pete could just do the decent thing and call it a day with dignity.

Reactions: FCB

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Never in doubt.

CareBears didn't stand a chance now onto the Reverse Cowgirls and McCarthy, noice.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Normal service resumed, well if you followed the NFL 40 years ago…..

Giants crushed the Eagles.

A pleasant surprise after 6 straight losses…..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here