Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2023/2024

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Wow. The Broncos have just shown Russell Wilson the door. Even though it'll cost them an $85m hit to do so.

Gobsmacked. As a Seattle fan, there was a lot of schadenfreude in watching him struggle there, but didn't expect this.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Wow. The Broncos have just shown Russell Wilson the door. Even though it'll cost them an $85m hit to do so.

Gobsmacked. As a Seattle fan, there was a lot of schadenfreude in watching him struggle there, but didn't expect this.
Ive had a deep rooted hatred of Denver since "The Drive" and "The Fumble"....so seeing them take a huge hit on one of the worst deals in NFL history is pretty sweet from where Im sitting! 😁

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ive had a deep rooted hatred of Denver since "The Drive" and "The Fumble"....so seeing them take a huge hit on one of the worst deals in NFL history is pretty sweet from where Im sitting! 😁
Me too! But I'd love to see us take a similar hit on Perv Boy. I'd rather start with Flacco again next season.

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
Broncos country, let's ride! :ROFLMAO:

Russ and his agent got what they were looking for when asking for that trade, hope they are happy now.

Great to see the Seahawks "winning" (mildly put, it was really a highway robbery) this trade after being on the wrong side of all big trades over the last decade. Percy Harvin (well, at least he scored that TD return to start second half of the SB48 that finally put the Broncos away - not that they would get back into the game anyway), Jimmy Graham and the worst of them all Jamal Adams.

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
Bucs re-sign Evans, I can sleep that little bit better now. Hopefully we manage to re-sign Mayfield before free agency and I would be relatively content.

How’s everyone’s off-season going with free agency about a week away?

Happy with the coaching staff Mike Macdonald has assembled. Mostly inexperienced/new to their roles on NFL level (that's where having Leslie Frazier as an assistant HC will be helpful) but young, hungry and bringing fresh ideas which is something we needed after 14 years of doing the same things.

As a Washington Huskies fan as well excited to see how Ryan Grubb will adapt to the NFL. Looks like a smart guy so think his transition should go well.

Geno got his roster bonus converted into signing bonus clearing some cap space which probably means he's staying. This still doesn't exclude us from drafting a QB though. But this move allows us to let the draft board fall to us and not reach for a QB. If there is someone we like available take him if not just invest into OL (it's a great class) and defense.

No other big moves so far. Hopefully Leonard Williams will get a new contract before start of FA. If we let him walk we just wasted 2nd round pick for 10 games of him last year. That's why I would like to move down from #16 in the draft into the #22-26 range possibly getting a 2nd (or at least high 3rd which would maybe allow us to move up to 2nd if we decide to do so) round pick unless a really "can't get out of this draft without him" player falls to us.

Would also consider bringing Jordyn Brooks back and see what new coaches can do with him as this LB class is pretty underwhelming from what I've seen/read.

Jamal Adams and Quandre Diggs should both be gone. It's insane their total cap hit for next season is 49m or around 18% of total cap. Fine with keeping Julian Love for another year but would love to see us draft someone like Malik Mustapha and let Macdonald do his magic with him, Witherspoon and Woolen.

And the decision will have to be made about Tyler Lockett's 27m cap hit as well. They'll probably restructure his contract and bring him back for another season but wouldn't be totally surprised to see him retire either. He's a smart guy and already has second job working as a real estate agent during offseason so retiring at a relatively young age before injuries start to pile up on his body would make sense. He's one of my favorite players and a leader of the team so would definitely miss him though.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just waiting for the Broncos to put us and Russ out of his misery so we can move on from one of the most misjudged signings in our history (and yet George Payton still keeps his job)
He was finished in his last year at Seattle, appalling decision to sign him.

Who do you think you’ll go after?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
FB_IMG_1709666712970.jpg

Last edited:

Jul 7, 2003
Hmmmm

Need QB...

Make bad financial decisions......

They're going to go after DeShaun Watson aren't they?!
Thankfully we are screwed with the salary cap so couldn’t afford him but otherwise, yes, the sort of stupid thing Paton would consider.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
A HUGE day in free agency yesterday.

Kirk Cousins to Atlanta
Josh Jacobs to Green Bay...Aaron Jones (& David Bakhtiari) released
Tony Pollard to Tennessee
Austin Ekeler to Washington
Saquon Barkley to...PHILLY!!??
DeAndre Swift to Chicago
Antonio Gibson to New England
Zack Moss to Cincy...and Joe Mixon being released
Gabe Davis to Jacksonville
Gardner Minshew to Las Vegas
Gus Edwards to LA Chargers
Jacoby Brissett to New England
Devin Singletary to NY Giants

Sam Darnold expected to sign a one year deal in Minnesota....

And thats just some of the deals on day one!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here