Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2022/23

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
That Steelers Bengals game was ridiculous but great entertainment.

Chiefs have lost their kicker but the defence player who has taken over kicking duties seems better than most full time kickers.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Slightly surprised no one's posted on here on day 1. Perhaps understandable given what's occurring with our own football team, but with no games on in the PL or EFL this weekend I'm really enjoying watching our (Bears) opener against the Niners. Particularly as we're shithouseing a lead, having not got out of our own half for most of the first half. If only we could kick PATs......

Sitting with my feet up enjoying the entertainment on offer, after my Bills won impressively at the Rams on actual Day 1 :wink:

Everything points towards an unprecedented season of success, so fully expecting Chelsea to make an approach for Josh Allen and Sean McDermott later this week.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
217247AD-ED24-4371-84FF-750AE79566DF.jpeg

And so it starts!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ah NFL welcome back! Given our QB situation I wasn't looking forward to the season, but after the Potter news I needed a distraction and settling down in front of the TV at 6 0'clock I realised I was really excited. As always it was great watching the Pats lose, and then Cleveland winning with an 'impossible' field goal! (After threatening to do a very Cleveland thing and losing a game where they'd led all the way). Great stuff.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Raiders :shit:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That Steelers Bengals game was ridiculous but great entertainment.

Chiefs have lost their kicker but the defence player who has taken over kicking duties seems better than most full time kickers.

Safety Justin Reid not only kicked the extra point, I think his kick off actually went through the posts...

[tweet]1569070790699614215[/tweet]

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Ah NFL welcome back! Given our QB situation I wasn't looking forward to the season, but after the Potter news I needed a distraction and settling down in front of the TV at 6 0'clock I realised I was really excited. As always it was great watching the Pats lose, and then Cleveland winning with an 'impossible' field goal! (After threatening to do a very Cleveland thing and losing a game where they'd led all the way). Great stuff.

I think I read that York was making 70+ yarders at training camp, so the kid obviously has a cannon for a leg. May come in useful this year as Cleveland arent going to do much offensively with Brissett.

GO BOLTS!!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Will watch my Seahawks with trepidation tonight.

Fear we could be in for an absolute car-crash of a season.

While we have a handful of good players, going from Russell Wilson to a guy who was a very mediocre back-up reserve for years as our new starting QB is just… well. We'll see. Roll on next year's draft I guess.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Jags beat themselves against Washington, missed FGs, muffed 2 point attempts, dropped catches which would have been TDs and stupid penalties at critical times. I did see plenty of positives, Trayvon Walker looked good, Christian Kirk went for 116yards, Robinson and Etienne looked like a solid combo. Lawrence was up and down but got hot for a while when we took the look. The game closing interception was a bit unnecessary though.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Jags beat themselves against Washington, missed FGs, muffed 2 point attempts, dropped catches which would have been TDs and stupid penalties at critical times. I did see plenty of positives, Trayvon Walker looked good, Christian Kirk went for 116yards, Robinson and Etienne looked like a solid combo. Lawrence was up and down but got hot for a while when we took the look. The game closing interception was a bit unnecessary though.

I thought Lawrence made some decent throws, I think he is making progress and I expect the Jags to improve as the season goes on. Trayvon Walker looked like a No 1 pick, very impressive.

As for The Commanders I was pretty happy. Plenty of sloppy play which is to be expected but the offense was a lot more dynamic than we have seen I recent years. Good Wentz beat out bad Wentz for the W. To recover from the concession of 19 consecutive points to go back and win showed a lot more backbone than I had any right to expect. Nice to see us have what actually looked like a home field crowd for a change too.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Will watch my Seahawks with trepidation tonight.

Fear we could be in for an absolute car-crash of a season.

While we have a handful of good players, going from Russell Wilson to a guy who was a very mediocre back-up reserve for years as our new starting QB is just… well. We'll see. Roll on next year's draft I guess.

As a Broncos fan, I'm hoping that this is the end of our QB carousel and Wilson will bring us some consistency and some wins. My fear is that he gets injured early season and then we are royally screwed. Looking forward to watching the game before work (from a recording, not staying up to watch).

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
My Bills looked ready to roll through everyone put in front of them this year. The Chiefs looked ready to do the same. Feels like they will be facing each other in the playoffs once again when the regular season ends. Bills need to secure home field advantage this year, need to get the Chiefs in front of raucous Bills fans this time around.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Falcons fan here

They made me believe for 3 quarters.

Disaster in the 4th but a lot more positives than I was expecting to see.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
My Bills looked ready to roll through everyone put in front of them this year. The Chiefs looked ready to do the same. Feels like they will be facing each other in the playoffs once again when the regular season ends. Bills need to secure home field advantage this year, need to get the Chiefs in front of raucous Bills fans this time around.

I think the Bills have to be considered favourites for the SB. They added some valuable pieces - Von Miller is going to be a beast. He won a ring at Denver - won last year with the Rams - could well win this year with the Bills - and then he will go back to the Broncos and ride the wave of success behind Russell Wilson and bring another SB to Denver.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I think the Bills have to be considered favourites for the SB. They added some valuable pieces - Von Miller is going to be a beast. He won a ring at Denver - won last year with the Rams - could well win this year with the Bills - and then he will go back to the Broncos and ride the wave of success behind Russell Wilson and bring another SB to Denver.

Bills D was stellar last year, with Von it went up a notch. He's on a 6 year deal in Buffalo and is not going anywhere next season... he's ours, all ours. After week 4 we get Tre'Davious White back. Barring any major injuries the Bills should at least make the conference championship, if that ends up being against KC it will be close to a toss up.

Jets, Patriots are hot garbage and won't be an issue in the division. Dolphins will win a few but ultimately I think Tua gets Tyreek Hill killed at some point this season and the Dolphins fade away.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks

I was fuming at a couple of those drops, absolute amateur stuff. The O line crumbling like a sack of the proverbial didn't help on the final drive and ultimately lead to the interception. Feel for Lawrence, and feel its gonna be another season of more of the same.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Didn’t realise Washington redskins are now the Washington Commanders.

They were the Washington football team last season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here