• No - Union

Votes: 126 76.4%
  • i have no interest in politics or nations

Votes: 9 5.5%

• Total voters

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Hope common sense shines through and they vote no.
Surely a majority won't believe the SNP and their 'vision'.

The majority of Scots believe that bagpipes are a musical instrument...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
They will vote Yes because of one reason. Pride.

They would never live it down if, after centuries of hating England and trying to be their own country, they ended up voting No.

I think they'll probably vote no, but it will be as close as the polls suggest for precisely this reason.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My prediction is 50.2% YES and 49.8% NO

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
As a self -determinist i think it's up to the Scots. But even if it's a no, ( likely) nothing will be the same again as roughly half of Scotland doesn't want to be in the UK.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
As a self -determinist i think it's up to the Scots. But even if it's a no, ( likely) nothing will be the same again as roughly half of Scotland doesn't want to be in the UK.

I don't think that is strictly true, a fair number will have been taken in by the SNPs back of fag packet economics and the 'promise' of a better standard of living and varying other half truths.

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
I'm a terrible human being, so I want them to vote Yes so that (a) the SNP have to try and deliver on their contradictory promises (b) David Cameron loses his job (c) we have years of arguing over what to call the remainder of the country and (d) we can build a wall of ice to keep the wildlings out.

Sadly, there seem to be just enough rational people in Scotland that No is going to win.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
If it's 58 % no and 42% yes should Alex Salmond resign and if it's yes vote they will chuck him out after 5 years!
It will be sad if the Union is Brocken up but lets then look after what's left. Navvy ships built in Scotland should go to England or Wales or Northern Ireland shipyards bring back the subs that will cost about 20,000+jobs and lots of call centres and banks\ insurances jobs and they will lose some of the fish quotas. That's another 15,000 + jobs.

Alex wants all the benefits of the UK but wants to be King of Scotland.
We have more Scottish first second & third generation living in England than Scotland who could not vote how do they feel!

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I don't think that is strictly true, a fair number will have been taken in by the SNPs back of fag packet economics and the 'promise' of a better standard of living and varying other half truths.

Well, let's see what happens. Of course polls can be wrong but the Yes lowest share as measured by MORI, Survation and Panelbase, all have them on 47%.
If they turn out to be accurate within a point or two, either way ( that figure could go up), you're still left with nearly half of all scots not wanting to be part of the UK.
That's a game changer and a huge issue for Cameron.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No 52% - Yes 48%.

The man who saved the union? George Osborne. Giving an unequivocal "no" to the proposal of a currency union mortally wounded the YES campaign right from the start. I think they will have done bloody well to convince 48% to vote yes based on a pipe dream right up there with Santa, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If it's 58 % no and 42% yes should Alex Salmond resign and if it's yes vote they will chuck him out after 5 years!
It will be sad if the Union is Brocken up but lets then look after what's left. Navvy ships built in Scotland should go to England or Wales or Northern Ireland shipyards bring back the subs that will cost about 20,000+jobs and lots of call centres and banks\ insurances jobs and they will lose some of the fish quotas. That's another 15,000 + jobs.

Alex wants all the benefits of the UK but wants to be King of Scotland.
We have more Scottish first second & third generation living in England than Scotland who could not vote how do they feel!

Jobs are going be lost in shipbuilding , the MOD made a choice to build 3 ships on the Clyde at the expense of closing Portsmouth.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
No 52% - Yes 48%.

The man who saved the union? George Osborne. Giving an unequivocal "no" to the proposal of a currency union mortally wounded the YES campaign right from the start. I think they will have done bloody well to convince 48% to vote yes based on a pipe dream right up there with Santa, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny.

If the Scots do vote to stay in the UK, a man who'll deserve much credit is Gordon Brown who injected some much need passion in otherwise unimaginative & lacklustre No campaign. I don't think independence is a pipe dream. There are plenty of other small european nations who do perfectly well. There are many issues with the YES campaign but for many Scots, (nearly 50%) it's also about the fundamental principle of wanting to make decisions for themselves.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If the Scots do vote to stay in the UK, a man who'll deserve much credit is Gordon Brown who injected some much need passion in otherwise unimaginative & lacklustre No campaign. I don't think independence is a pipe dream. There are plenty of other small european nations who do perfectly well. There are many issues with the YES campaign but for many Scots, (nearly 50%) it's also about the fundamental principle of wanting to make decisions for themselves.

It is a pipe dream if you think you can have true independence whilst continuing to use the currency of your larger island neighbour, underwritten by their national Bank, when they are opposed to it.

Don't get me wrong, independence for small nations in itself is not a pipe dream but there has to be goodwill and agreement from a currency perspective in order for it to be viable. Which this just isn't.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
54% will say no. And rightly so. Ridiculous idea.

That said I am very worried how much it is costing us to get that no.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I think it will be a big NO. But if it is a yes, well at least we get to keep the untapped natural resources we have in the Falklands....and Scotland gets to keep their errrr...... 25 years of North Sea oil that's left!

Nice deal :)

In all seriousness, i'll be a little sad if we split - We've been through a lot together.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The Polls are open.This is it.

An astonishing 97% of people eligible to vote have registered to do so.

come on Scotland

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!

97 seems to be the magic number. Also the percentage of the UK pop that have no say in the matter. At least we survived at Hereford in 97 I suppose

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here